Clay target shooting - Steve on target to win Fenmen Trophy
March s Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club s Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey. In the Veterans Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold
March's Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club's Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey.
In the Veterans' Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold off the challenge of Dave Beaumont, of Guyhirn, who scored 39 ex 50.
Jim Rutterford, of Wilburton, was on top form to score a perfect 50 ex 50 and take the Alan Blower Skeet Trophy.
There were more perfect scores in the 25 target skeet competition when Steve Bennett, Dave Beaumont, Mick French and Guyhirn's Malcolm Thompson all shot 25 ex 25.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Bridgement, of March, and Adrian Slack, from Eastrea, tied to win the 50 target sporting competition, ahead of Jim Rutterford and Bridgement then went on to win the down the line section.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be on August 6 from 10.30am.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover