Clay target shooting - Steve on target to win Fenmen Trophy
March s Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club s Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey. In the Veterans Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold
March's Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club's Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey.
In the Veterans' Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold off the challenge of Dave Beaumont, of Guyhirn, who scored 39 ex 50.
Jim Rutterford, of Wilburton, was on top form to score a perfect 50 ex 50 and take the Alan Blower Skeet Trophy.
There were more perfect scores in the 25 target skeet competition when Steve Bennett, Dave Beaumont, Mick French and Guyhirn's Malcolm Thompson all shot 25 ex 25.
Mark Bridgement, of March, and Adrian Slack, from Eastrea, tied to win the 50 target sporting competition, ahead of Jim Rutterford and Bridgement then went on to win the down the line section.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be on August 6 from 10.30am.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens