Clay target shooting - Steve on target to win Fenmen Trophy
March s Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club s Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey. In the Veterans Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold
March's Steve Bennett was the winner of the Fenland Gun Club's Fenman Trophy on Sunday. Bennett won with a score of 39 ex 50, nine shots ahead of runner-up, Paul Boon of Whittlesey.
In the Veterans' Trophy, Mick French, from March, scored 41 ex 50 to hold off the challenge of Dave Beaumont, of Guyhirn, who scored 39 ex 50.
Jim Rutterford, of Wilburton, was on top form to score a perfect 50 ex 50 and take the Alan Blower Skeet Trophy.
There were more perfect scores in the 25 target skeet competition when Steve Bennett, Dave Beaumont, Mick French and Guyhirn's Malcolm Thompson all shot 25 ex 25.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Bridgement, of March, and Adrian Slack, from Eastrea, tied to win the 50 target sporting competition, ahead of Jim Rutterford and Bridgement then went on to win the down the line section.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be on August 6 from 10.30am.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail