Clay target shooting: Vout is sure shot
The scores in Fenland Gun Club s 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow s Derrick Vout who took the honours. His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick Fren
The scores in Fenland Gun Club's 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow's Derrick Vout who took the honours.
His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick French (39 ex 50).
Another March competitor, Alan Wright shot a perfect 25 ex 25 in the 25-target skeet competition. Steve Bennett, from Upwell, and Eastrea's Geoff Turner, both shot 24 ex 25 to tie for second place.
Bridgement won the down the line competition with a score of 25/72 ex 25/75, ahead of Vout with 20/59.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, is on January 21.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 9 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge