Clay target shooting: Vout is sure shot
The scores in Fenland Gun Club s 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow s Derrick Vout who took the honours. His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick Fren
The scores in Fenland Gun Club's 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow's Derrick Vout who took the honours.
His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick French (39 ex 50).
Another March competitor, Alan Wright shot a perfect 25 ex 25 in the 25-target skeet competition. Steve Bennett, from Upwell, and Eastrea's Geoff Turner, both shot 24 ex 25 to tie for second place.
Bridgement won the down the line competition with a score of 25/72 ex 25/75, ahead of Vout with 20/59.
You may also want to watch:
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, is on January 21.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid