Clay target shooting: Vout is sure shot
The scores in Fenland Gun Club s 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow s Derrick Vout who took the honours. His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick Fren
The scores in Fenland Gun Club's 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow's Derrick Vout who took the honours.
His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick French (39 ex 50).
Another March competitor, Alan Wright shot a perfect 25 ex 25 in the 25-target skeet competition. Steve Bennett, from Upwell, and Eastrea's Geoff Turner, both shot 24 ex 25 to tie for second place.
Bridgement won the down the line competition with a score of 25/72 ex 25/75, ahead of Vout with 20/59.
You may also want to watch:
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, is on January 21.
- 1 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 6 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash