Clay target shooting: Vout is sure shot
The scores in Fenland Gun Club s 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow s Derrick Vout who took the honours. His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick Fren
The scores in Fenland Gun Club's 50-target Paul Pykett Trophy, on Sunday, could not have been closer but it was Prickwillow's Derrick Vout who took the honours.
His score of 41 ex 50 put him ahead of March marksmen Mark Bridgement (40 ex 50) and Mick French (39 ex 50).
Another March competitor, Alan Wright shot a perfect 25 ex 25 in the 25-target skeet competition. Steve Bennett, from Upwell, and Eastrea's Geoff Turner, both shot 24 ex 25 to tie for second place.
Bridgement won the down the line competition with a score of 25/72 ex 25/75, ahead of Vout with 20/59.
You may also want to watch:
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, is on January 21.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor