Club looks to secure title
MARCH Tennis Club s A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two. A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title. Acting
MARCH Tennis Club's A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two.
A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title.
Acting captain Dave Kenning said:
"I am delighted that the club have achieved promotion which is just reward for all the hard work the players have put in this year.
"Hopefully this should further the development of March Tennis Club by raising the profile and playing standard'.
March team: Nick Mann, Lee Enstone, Pat Amps, Dave Kenning, Adam Graham, Martin Young, John Young and Alex Morris.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
The club are still looking to recruit new team players and anyone interested should contact Mr Dawson at Neale-Wade Sports Centre on 01354 651329.
- Wisbech Tennis Club produced a good team performance to finish third in the annual Rose Bowl Tournament.
The event in Hunstanton attracted eight of the best teams from the West Norfolk and Norwich leagues.
And the Wisbech team raised their game to pick up good results in the mixed, men's and ladies' doubles matches.
The team members were: Ben Allen, Chris Hasting, James Newton, Rachel Collins, Jules Lodge and Margaret Pendall.