Club looks to secure title
MARCH Tennis Club s A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two. A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title. Acting
MARCH Tennis Club's A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two.
A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title.
Acting captain Dave Kenning said:
"I am delighted that the club have achieved promotion which is just reward for all the hard work the players have put in this year.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully this should further the development of March Tennis Club by raising the profile and playing standard'.
March team: Nick Mann, Lee Enstone, Pat Amps, Dave Kenning, Adam Graham, Martin Young, John Young and Alex Morris.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
The club are still looking to recruit new team players and anyone interested should contact Mr Dawson at Neale-Wade Sports Centre on 01354 651329.
- Wisbech Tennis Club produced a good team performance to finish third in the annual Rose Bowl Tournament.
The event in Hunstanton attracted eight of the best teams from the West Norfolk and Norwich leagues.
And the Wisbech team raised their game to pick up good results in the mixed, men's and ladies' doubles matches.
The team members were: Ben Allen, Chris Hasting, James Newton, Rachel Collins, Jules Lodge and Margaret Pendall.