Club looks to secure title
MARCH Tennis Club s A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two. A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title. Acting
MARCH Tennis Club's A team have secured promotion from Peterborough League District League Division Two.
A 7-2 victory over Deeping D was followed by a 9-0 win over rivals Blueframes and March will now play Stamford to decide the fate of the title.
Acting captain Dave Kenning said:
"I am delighted that the club have achieved promotion which is just reward for all the hard work the players have put in this year.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully this should further the development of March Tennis Club by raising the profile and playing standard'.
March team: Nick Mann, Lee Enstone, Pat Amps, Dave Kenning, Adam Graham, Martin Young, John Young and Alex Morris.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
The club are still looking to recruit new team players and anyone interested should contact Mr Dawson at Neale-Wade Sports Centre on 01354 651329.
- Wisbech Tennis Club produced a good team performance to finish third in the annual Rose Bowl Tournament.
The event in Hunstanton attracted eight of the best teams from the West Norfolk and Norwich leagues.
And the Wisbech team raised their game to pick up good results in the mixed, men's and ladies' doubles matches.
The team members were: Ben Allen, Chris Hasting, James Newton, Rachel Collins, Jules Lodge and Margaret Pendall.