Runners lace their shoes as March Athletic Club mark key events
- Credit: Archant
March Athletic Club runners were out in their running vests and racing shoes to mark two major events.
Four members took part in the ‘Duxford Dash’ on Sunday, September 13, organised by the Imperial War Museum at Duxford in honour of the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
The site was large enough to allow runners to socially distance throughout the 5k and 10k races. Melissa Neal impressed for March, finishing as fifth female overall and first in her age category in the 10k.
On the same day, Pat Norris was due to take her starting place in the 40th edition of the Great North Run, but instead of enjoying the north-east scenery, she decided to run around March.
Pat, 71, was spurred on around the course and met fellow club runners and family members, replacing a run over the Tyne Bridge with a finish line over the bridge on Marylebone Road, across the River Nene and into West End Park.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
10k: Melissa Neal 44.50 (fifth female and first V40); James Arran 50.13; Hugh Harris 50.19.
5k: Wayne Stimson 24.39.
Virtual Great North Run
Pat Norris 2:31:28.