Runners lace their shoes as March Athletic Club mark key events
- Credit: Archant
March Athletic Club runners were out in their running vests and racing shoes to mark two major events.
Four members took part in the ‘Duxford Dash’ on Sunday, September 13, organised by the Imperial War Museum at Duxford in honour of the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
The site was large enough to allow runners to socially distance throughout the 5k and 10k races. Melissa Neal impressed for March, finishing as fifth female overall and first in her age category in the 10k.
On the same day, Pat Norris was due to take her starting place in the 40th edition of the Great North Run, but instead of enjoying the north-east scenery, she decided to run around March.
Pat, 71, was spurred on around the course and met fellow club runners and family members, replacing a run over the Tyne Bridge with a finish line over the bridge on Marylebone Road, across the River Nene and into West End Park.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
10k: Melissa Neal 44.50 (fifth female and first V40); James Arran 50.13; Hugh Harris 50.19.
5k: Wayne Stimson 24.39.
Virtual Great North Run
Pat Norris 2:31:28.