Three Counties’ Tracy battles adversity to achieve her marathon goal
- Credit: Archant
Tracy Adams marked a personal achievement after battling adversity to achieve her goal.
The Three Counties Running Club member trained for a marathon a few years ago, but pulled out and took a year off the track.
After booking the Peterborough half-marathon, Covid-19 struck and the event was cancelled, but on Sunday, she covered the 26.2-mile distance with a little help from her friends.
Tracy, joined at different stages by teammates, finished the route in 4:43:55.
Matt Hunter also took on his own challenge part way through Tracy’s run by completing 27.8 miles in a time of 5:16:48.
You may also want to watch:
The Thetford Trails 10k race proved wet and muddy for TCRC members, which consisted of a two-lap run through High Lodge.
Steve Rhodes finished the course in 50:02, followed by Amy Baxter in 50:39, Janette Smith in 1:12:09 and Sandra Rhodes in 1:12:10.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
This weekend sees members take part in the TCRC virtual Christmas 5k race.