GOLF: March Golf Club reflect on successful season at AGM
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club defied the miserable weather as they reflected on a successful season at its annual general meeting.
Club members gathered in the Aveling Lounge on election night as they reminisced on the progress made throughout the year.
Although there was no political tension compared to other parts of Cambridgeshire, members including the outgoing captain, management and auditors paid tribute to the club's efforts in 2019.
Captain duties were passed over to new hands, with honours board trophy presentations also being held.
Rob Henshaw and Andy Lilley will be the new men's captain and vice-captain for 2020, with Emma Norman and Jean McAuliffe becoming women's captain and vice-captain respectively.
You may also want to watch:
In November, former ladies captain Sandra Russell announced that £1,350 was made for her chosen charity, The Lullaby Trust, before handing over the captaincy to Norman for the 2020 campaign.
To find out more information on the club, visit http://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments