March Golf Club pair win charity tournament afte dramatic finish
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club reigned supreme in a regional charity knockout competition after a dramatic finish.
Sandra and Mick Russell took part in the fourball better ball competition on Sunday, October 11, organised by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, sponsored by BMW.
Sixty pairs split into two groups, and after Sandra and Mick beat couples from Gog Magog and Meridian Golf clubs, they faced Tydd St Giles in the final.
A 30ft putt on the 18th hole from Sandra levelled a tight affair to force extra holes, which ended when the March pair prevailed on the 21st hole.
Sandra and Mick, who have supported the charity for many years, thanked organisers and their playing partners, ladies’ captain Emma Norman and vice-captain Andy Lilley, along with friends who supported them.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, October 6, March Golf Club held the Sarah Oldham Salver competition, with 26 ladies taking part.
The pair of Georgie Millet and Valerie Cook won top spot with 40 points, followed by Gail Johnson and Emma Smith with 35 points.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party