March Golf Club pair win charity tournament afte dramatic finish
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club reigned supreme in a regional charity knockout competition after a dramatic finish.
Sandra and Mick Russell took part in the fourball better ball competition on Sunday, October 11, organised by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, sponsored by BMW.
Sixty pairs split into two groups, and after Sandra and Mick beat couples from Gog Magog and Meridian Golf clubs, they faced Tydd St Giles in the final.
A 30ft putt on the 18th hole from Sandra levelled a tight affair to force extra holes, which ended when the March pair prevailed on the 21st hole.
Sandra and Mick, who have supported the charity for many years, thanked organisers and their playing partners, ladies’ captain Emma Norman and vice-captain Andy Lilley, along with friends who supported them.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, October 6, March Golf Club held the Sarah Oldham Salver competition, with 26 ladies taking part.
The pair of Georgie Millet and Valerie Cook won top spot with 40 points, followed by Gail Johnson and Emma Smith with 35 points.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021