March Golf Club pair win charity tournament afte dramatic finish
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club reigned supreme in a regional charity knockout competition after a dramatic finish.
Sandra and Mick Russell took part in the fourball better ball competition on Sunday, October 11, organised by the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, sponsored by BMW.
Sixty pairs split into two groups, and after Sandra and Mick beat couples from Gog Magog and Meridian Golf clubs, they faced Tydd St Giles in the final.
A 30ft putt on the 18th hole from Sandra levelled a tight affair to force extra holes, which ended when the March pair prevailed on the 21st hole.
Sandra and Mick, who have supported the charity for many years, thanked organisers and their playing partners, ladies’ captain Emma Norman and vice-captain Andy Lilley, along with friends who supported them.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, October 6, March Golf Club held the Sarah Oldham Salver competition, with 26 ladies taking part.
The pair of Georgie Millet and Valerie Cook won top spot with 40 points, followed by Gail Johnson and Emma Smith with 35 points.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 5 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station