Club’s trophy celebration
MARCH Cricket Club s championship-winning first team were presented with the Tucker Premier League trophy at the club s presentation evening last week. First team skipper Chris Ringham collected the trophy from league chairman Keith Coburn as eighty club
MARCH Cricket Club's championship-winning first team were presented with the Tucker Premier League trophy at the club's presentation evening last week.
First team skipper Chris Ringham collected the trophy from league chairman Keith Coburn as eighty club members enjoyed a night of celebration.
The 2007 awards were presented by club president Robert Sears and Shardul Brahmbhatt picked up the trophy for the first XI player of the year.
Youngster Connor Cunningham ended a fine season with the second XI player of the year and Manuj Patel was voted the third XI player of the year.
John Haslegrave was the fourth XI player of the year while Stephen Wallis picked up the Chairman's Award.
Bill Adamson won the Clubman of the Year, Kurt Cunningham was the young player of the year and Rob Tombs was voted the most improved player.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 5 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 10 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
The girls' player of the year was Emily Stephenson and Beth Parrish was awarded the girls' players' player of the year trophy.
Josh Jackman won the under-15 player of the year, while Nathan Foad and Toby Nulty won the under-13 and under-11 player of the year awards respectively.