Coach heaps praise on Wisbech Under-15s after heroic cup run ends in semi-final
PROUD coach Dom Stannard heaped praise on Wisbech Town Under-15s after their valiant Natwest Cup run ended in semi-final defeat.
The youngsters beat Wilburton, Burwell and Hardwick to reach the last four of the regional competition before Cambridge St Giles denied them an appearance in the final.
Craig Pack (30), Brodie Ellis (22) and Patrick Webb (28 not out) helped Wisbech post an impressive 128-4 off their 20 overs.
Tight bowling from Pack and Josh Warmington put Wisbech in a strong position, with the Cambridge side needing 18 to win off the final two overs.
But an expensive penultimate over helped them reach their target and end a memorable Wisbech cup run.
You may also want to watch:
Stannard said: “I would like to congratulate them on an excellent cup run, in which they have played some great cricket.
“I am especially proud of the effort of the team against an excellent Burwell side, and the depleted team who beat Wilburton in the first round.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
The squad thanked sponsors Anglian Home Improvements, who provided them with new kit.