Coach heaps praise on Wisbech Under-15s after heroic cup run ends in semi-final
PROUD coach Dom Stannard heaped praise on Wisbech Town Under-15s after their valiant Natwest Cup run ended in semi-final defeat.
The youngsters beat Wilburton, Burwell and Hardwick to reach the last four of the regional competition before Cambridge St Giles denied them an appearance in the final.
Craig Pack (30), Brodie Ellis (22) and Patrick Webb (28 not out) helped Wisbech post an impressive 128-4 off their 20 overs.
Tight bowling from Pack and Josh Warmington put Wisbech in a strong position, with the Cambridge side needing 18 to win off the final two overs.
But an expensive penultimate over helped them reach their target and end a memorable Wisbech cup run.
You may also want to watch:
Stannard said: “I would like to congratulate them on an excellent cup run, in which they have played some great cricket.
“I am especially proud of the effort of the team against an excellent Burwell side, and the depleted team who beat Wilburton in the first round.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
The squad thanked sponsors Anglian Home Improvements, who provided them with new kit.