Comeback Callum: Midfield star Reed returns to training with Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
MIDFIELDER Callum Reed has returned to training with Wisbech Town - prompting speculation that he could be set for ANOTHER Fenmen comeback.
The former Peterborough United trainee left Wisbech under a cloud in August when manager Steve Appleby refused to guarantee him first-team football.
But he remains registered for the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side and he resumed training with them a fortnight ago.
Appleby said: “Callum has been training with us for the last two weeks and he has apologised to myself and Chris Dear (assistant boss).
“He desperately wants to put all his wrongs right and he will continue to train with us as we review the situation.”
Reed starred for the Fenmen in 2011, helping them lift the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup in May - their first trophy for 16 years.
But, days after scoring the winner in the league cup final, he stunned the Fenmen faithful by defecting to bitter rivals King’s Lynn Town.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
His spell with the Linnets did not last long - in fact he never played in a competitive game.
He returned to Wisbech in August, 2011, but struggled to rediscover the form that had made him a hit at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
Wisbech travel to Gornal Athletic on Saturday for their FA Vase fourth-round clash, which has twice fallen foul of the wintry weather.