Comeback Callum: Midfield star Reed returns to training with Wisbech Town
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
MIDFIELDER Callum Reed has returned to training with Wisbech Town - prompting speculation that he could be set for ANOTHER Fenmen comeback.
The former Peterborough United trainee left Wisbech under a cloud in August when manager Steve Appleby refused to guarantee him first-team football.
But he remains registered for the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side and he resumed training with them a fortnight ago.
Appleby said: “Callum has been training with us for the last two weeks and he has apologised to myself and Chris Dear (assistant boss).
“He desperately wants to put all his wrongs right and he will continue to train with us as we review the situation.”
You may also want to watch:
Reed starred for the Fenmen in 2011, helping them lift the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup in May - their first trophy for 16 years.
But, days after scoring the winner in the league cup final, he stunned the Fenmen faithful by defecting to bitter rivals King’s Lynn Town.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
His spell with the Linnets did not last long - in fact he never played in a competitive game.
He returned to Wisbech in August, 2011, but struggled to rediscover the form that had made him a hit at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium.
Wisbech travel to Gornal Athletic on Saturday for their FA Vase fourth-round clash, which has twice fallen foul of the wintry weather.