Confident Gill says he is in the shape of his life ahead of second pro bout
CONFIDENT boxing star Jordan Gill has insisted he is in the best shape of his life as he prepares for his second professional bout on Saturday.
The 18-year-old is set to feature on the same bill as Olympic gold medallist James DeGale, rising star Kid Galahad and Chris Eubank Junior.
Dozens of fans from Chatteris will watch him step into the ring in Kent as he tries to follow up July’s impressive debut victory over journeyman Kristian Laight.
Gill’s opponent is expected to be featherweight Dan Naylor, who has lost 14 of his 16 career bouts but has only been stopped once.
Gill said: “Dan is a tough guy and he will come to fight, but I’m ready.
You may also want to watch:
“I think I’m the fittest I’ve ever been. I’m running faster, hitting harder and moving better than ever.
“It’s the quality of the people you’re around that makes the difference. The competition makes you step it up a notch.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
“Everybody eats well, so you eat well. Everybody trains hard, so you train hard.”
Gill, who trains at the legendary Dominic Ingle gym in Sheffield, made his debut on Kell Brook’s undercard - just days after he turned 18.