Confident March Town United hoping for sixth consecutive win
MARCH Town United boss Jamie Weston has declared that his side have rediscovered their “killer instinct” ahead of their crunch clash with high-flying Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
The Hares have scored 12 goals on their way to winning all of their last five games, the most recent of which saw them dump Royston out of the Cambs Invitation Cup on penalties.
Manager Weston said: “The lads are full of confidence, you can see it growing every week - particularly after the last result where we beat higher league opposition.
“We seem to have got that killer instinct to win games that we lacked early on. The form of the front men has got better but more than anything we seem to be getting that little bit of luck that we weren’t at the start of the season.
The Hares face fifth-placed Stowmarket at the GER on Saturday, in the first of a series of crucial games.
“The next few weeks are going to give us a good indication of our season,” said Weston. “We have got some big games coming up against all the teams in and around the top six. It’s crunch time.”
“If we perform to our best we can beat anyone, especially with our attacking presence. We have got goals all over the pitch.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward