Cambridgeshire cricketers relive memorable scenes during coronavirus pandemic with ‘loo roll’ moments
- Credit: Archant
It may be difficult to entertain local sports fans during the coronavirus pandemic, but some of Cambridgeshire’s cricketers are doing their best to keep their followers engaged.
Members of the county cricket team have been reliving some of the sport’s most historic moments, but to relate to the COVID-19 outbreak, they are renaming their stints as ‘loo roll’ moments.
In a video posted on social media, their latest re-enactment shows James Williams taking to the crease as both Jack Leach and Ben Stokes during their dramatic win over Australia in the third Ashes Test at Headingley last year.
In a tweet, Cambridgeshire Cricket said: “Continuing to keep the #cricketfamily engaged during this time. We are back will another memorable #LooRoll moment. This week, James Williams relives that unforgettable afternoon in August 2019!”
The ECB confirmed earlier this month that all recreational cricket is suspended with immediate effect.
You may also want to watch:
What are you doing to keep occupied during the enforced break? We’d like to hear from you. Email Daniel.Mason@archant.co.uk with more information.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled