County success for Neale-Wade cricketers
- Credit: Archant
Neale-Wade Academy’s Year 9 Girls are county champions after triumphing in the 2016 Cambridgeshire Cricket Finals.
The team overcame Linton Village College in the final, which was held at Clare College.
Students from Year 7 and 8 also took part in the competition, which saw Neale-Wade compete with top teams from other Cambridgeshire schools, including Cromwell Community College, St Faith’s School, the Perse School, North Cambridge Academy and the Stephen Perse Foundation.
The Year 7 team made the semi-final in their first competitive tournament, thanks to some excellent batting from Georgia Runacres and Leah Bass, and exceptional fielding from Caitlyn Baker.
Neale-Wade P.E teacher Sophie Bywater said: “The students were absolutely fantastic and were a true credit to the academy.
You may also want to watch:
“Their sportsmanship and encouragement of others in the face of tough opposition was admirable.”
Full team listings
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 6 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
Year 9 Girls Cricket Team: Laura Spies, Amey Wilson, Holly Newell, Georgia Clarke, Shayla Nicholson, Sophie Tanner, Millie Clarke and Charley Mulliner.
Year 8 Girls Cricket Team: Megan Tombs, Rebecca Moy, Jessica Conyard, Libby Band, Molly Rowlett, Sophie Smith, Olivia Goode, Ellie Timbrell
Year 7 Girls Cricket Team: Abby Bird, Jade Hollis, Isabelle Smethurst, Sophie Hunt, Isabel Stimson, and Ella Mason, Georgia Runacres, Leah Bass, Caitlyn Baker