Cousins edged out in Shouldham 5km race
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club competitor Becky Cousins just missed out on glory at the Shouldham Warren 5km race.
The Sutton Bridge competitor finished second in 18 minutes 50 seconds, knocking an impressive 14 seconds off her previous best at that course.
She was just eight seconds behind the leading lady.
Cousins said: “Training has been going really well and I hope to do well at the Southern Cross Country Championships next weekend. “Special thanks goes towards brothers Andrew and David Jakeman for their brilliant support with training and physio.”
Cousins powered to a top-10 finish at the Duathlon World Championships in Nancy in October 2012, but she is focusing on the track this season.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I haven’t got any Duathlons lined up as my coach and myself have decided to focus on the track season this year.
“I would like to get back to my best on there and hopefully go further, so I’ve been doing quite a lot of mileage during the winter season and will concentrate on speed work from next month.”
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic