Cousins edged out in Shouldham 5km race
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club competitor Becky Cousins just missed out on glory at the Shouldham Warren 5km race.
The Sutton Bridge competitor finished second in 18 minutes 50 seconds, knocking an impressive 14 seconds off her previous best at that course.
She was just eight seconds behind the leading lady.
Cousins said: “Training has been going really well and I hope to do well at the Southern Cross Country Championships next weekend. “Special thanks goes towards brothers Andrew and David Jakeman for their brilliant support with training and physio.”
Cousins powered to a top-10 finish at the Duathlon World Championships in Nancy in October 2012, but she is focusing on the track this season.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I haven’t got any Duathlons lined up as my coach and myself have decided to focus on the track season this year.
“I would like to get back to my best on there and hopefully go further, so I’ve been doing quite a lot of mileage during the winter season and will concentrate on speed work from next month.”
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action