Cousins edged out in Shouldham 5km race
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club competitor Becky Cousins just missed out on glory at the Shouldham Warren 5km race.
The Sutton Bridge competitor finished second in 18 minutes 50 seconds, knocking an impressive 14 seconds off her previous best at that course.
She was just eight seconds behind the leading lady.
Cousins said: “Training has been going really well and I hope to do well at the Southern Cross Country Championships next weekend. “Special thanks goes towards brothers Andrew and David Jakeman for their brilliant support with training and physio.”
Cousins powered to a top-10 finish at the Duathlon World Championships in Nancy in October 2012, but she is focusing on the track this season.
She said: “I haven’t got any Duathlons lined up as my coach and myself have decided to focus on the track season this year.
“I would like to get back to my best on there and hopefully go further, so I’ve been doing quite a lot of mileage during the winter season and will concentrate on speed work from next month.”
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant