Cousins says FA Vase spots up for grabs when Wisbech Town travel to Desborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Paul Cousins says he wants his Wisbech Town players to banish the memories of their last game when they travel to Desborough Town on Saturday.
The Fenmen have not played since they were hammered 5-1 by Long Buckby in the United Counties League on December 28.
They were due to be back in action last Saturday away at Northampton Sileby Rangers, but the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Wisbech beat Desborough 3-0 at the Fenland Elgood’s Stadium on November 23, but Cousins expects a more difficult game.
Cousins said: “It will be a tough game. The pitch will not be great but that is to be expected at this time of year. Hopefully the game goes ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a full squad available and are desperate to play again, especially after our performance in our last game.
“Unfortunately, because the Northampton game was called off, we’ve had to stew over it for a bit longer.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
Players who impress against Desborough will put themselves in the frame for next Saturday’s third round FA Vase tie against Ashington, Cousins said.
He said: “There will be shirts to play for for our big FA Vase game. Our next few games will give us the opportunity to see where we are as a team.”