Cousins says FA Vase spots up for grabs when Wisbech Town travel to Desborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Paul Cousins says he wants his Wisbech Town players to banish the memories of their last game when they travel to Desborough Town on Saturday.
The Fenmen have not played since they were hammered 5-1 by Long Buckby in the United Counties League on December 28.
They were due to be back in action last Saturday away at Northampton Sileby Rangers, but the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Wisbech beat Desborough 3-0 at the Fenland Elgood’s Stadium on November 23, but Cousins expects a more difficult game.
Cousins said: “It will be a tough game. The pitch will not be great but that is to be expected at this time of year. Hopefully the game goes ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a full squad available and are desperate to play again, especially after our performance in our last game.
“Unfortunately, because the Northampton game was called off, we’ve had to stew over it for a bit longer.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
Players who impress against Desborough will put themselves in the frame for next Saturday’s third round FA Vase tie against Ashington, Cousins said.
He said: “There will be shirts to play for for our big FA Vase game. Our next few games will give us the opportunity to see where we are as a team.”