Cousins says FA Vase spots up for grabs when Wisbech Town travel to Desborough Town
- Credit: Archant
Joint boss Paul Cousins says he wants his Wisbech Town players to banish the memories of their last game when they travel to Desborough Town on Saturday.
The Fenmen have not played since they were hammered 5-1 by Long Buckby in the United Counties League on December 28.
They were due to be back in action last Saturday away at Northampton Sileby Rangers, but the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Wisbech beat Desborough 3-0 at the Fenland Elgood’s Stadium on November 23, but Cousins expects a more difficult game.
Cousins said: “It will be a tough game. The pitch will not be great but that is to be expected at this time of year. Hopefully the game goes ahead.
“We have a full squad available and are desperate to play again, especially after our performance in our last game.
“Unfortunately, because the Northampton game was called off, we’ve had to stew over it for a bit longer.”
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
Players who impress against Desborough will put themselves in the frame for next Saturday’s third round FA Vase tie against Ashington, Cousins said.
He said: “There will be shirts to play for for our big FA Vase game. Our next few games will give us the opportunity to see where we are as a team.”