Creasey happy with how Wisbech Town squad is coming together as club announces Beaumont signing
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have announced the signing of highly rated centre forward Danny Beaumont from Dereham Town.
The 25 year-old arrives with an impressive pedigree - he also enjoyed a productive spell at King’s Lynn Town, scoring 35 goals in two seasons.
Beaumont is the Fenmen’s third signing this summer - defender Stacy Cartwright has rejoined from Deeping Rangers and striker Josh Ford has arrived from Spalding United.
Manager Dick Creasey said: “He is a proven player who has done well so far in his career so we are delighted to have him on board.
“He fits in to our criteria and the way we want to play. He’s not a prolific goalscorer but he gets goals and he is just as good outside the box linking up play.”
Creasey is pleased with how his squad, which begins pre-season training on June 30, is taking shape.
However, he has not ruled out more signings if the right players become available.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
He said: “We would probably like to get one more player. From experience one or two players often become available before the start of the season.
“If the right person comes along then great. If they don’t I’m happy with the squad of 15 we’ve got.”