Creasey happy with how Wisbech Town squad is coming together as club announces Beaumont signing
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have announced the signing of highly rated centre forward Danny Beaumont from Dereham Town.
The 25 year-old arrives with an impressive pedigree - he also enjoyed a productive spell at King’s Lynn Town, scoring 35 goals in two seasons.
Beaumont is the Fenmen’s third signing this summer - defender Stacy Cartwright has rejoined from Deeping Rangers and striker Josh Ford has arrived from Spalding United.
Manager Dick Creasey said: “He is a proven player who has done well so far in his career so we are delighted to have him on board.
“He fits in to our criteria and the way we want to play. He’s not a prolific goalscorer but he gets goals and he is just as good outside the box linking up play.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey is pleased with how his squad, which begins pre-season training on June 30, is taking shape.
However, he has not ruled out more signings if the right players become available.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
He said: “We would probably like to get one more player. From experience one or two players often become available before the start of the season.
“If the right person comes along then great. If they don’t I’m happy with the squad of 15 we’ve got.”