Creasey happy with how Wisbech Town squad is coming together as club announces Beaumont signing
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have announced the signing of highly rated centre forward Danny Beaumont from Dereham Town.
The 25 year-old arrives with an impressive pedigree - he also enjoyed a productive spell at King’s Lynn Town, scoring 35 goals in two seasons.
Beaumont is the Fenmen’s third signing this summer - defender Stacy Cartwright has rejoined from Deeping Rangers and striker Josh Ford has arrived from Spalding United.
Manager Dick Creasey said: “He is a proven player who has done well so far in his career so we are delighted to have him on board.
“He fits in to our criteria and the way we want to play. He’s not a prolific goalscorer but he gets goals and he is just as good outside the box linking up play.”
Creasey is pleased with how his squad, which begins pre-season training on June 30, is taking shape.
However, he has not ruled out more signings if the right players become available.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Could you give these pets a home?
He said: “We would probably like to get one more player. From experience one or two players often become available before the start of the season.
“If the right person comes along then great. If they don’t I’m happy with the squad of 15 we’ve got.”