Creasey happy with how Wisbech Town squad is coming together as club announces Beaumont signing
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have announced the signing of highly rated centre forward Danny Beaumont from Dereham Town.
The 25 year-old arrives with an impressive pedigree - he also enjoyed a productive spell at King’s Lynn Town, scoring 35 goals in two seasons.
Beaumont is the Fenmen’s third signing this summer - defender Stacy Cartwright has rejoined from Deeping Rangers and striker Josh Ford has arrived from Spalding United.
Manager Dick Creasey said: “He is a proven player who has done well so far in his career so we are delighted to have him on board.
“He fits in to our criteria and the way we want to play. He’s not a prolific goalscorer but he gets goals and he is just as good outside the box linking up play.”
You may also want to watch:
Creasey is pleased with how his squad, which begins pre-season training on June 30, is taking shape.
However, he has not ruled out more signings if the right players become available.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 5 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
He said: “We would probably like to get one more player. From experience one or two players often become available before the start of the season.
“If the right person comes along then great. If they don’t I’m happy with the squad of 15 we’ve got.”