CRICKET: 13-year-old Kian Pooley stars as March Town defeat Wisbech to lift Fenland Trophy
- Credit: Archant
A top performance from one of the youngest league cricketers in the region helped March Town’s second Sunday side to silverware at the weekend.
13-year-old Kian Pooley claimed three wickets in an inspired four over spell as March defeated old rivals Wisbech 2nds to lift the Fenland Trophy at Harecroft Road.
Pooley’s skilled display helped stifle a Wisbech run rate at a time when the experienced Danny Emmington (100 rtd out) was in full flow.
His efforts, backed by some solid March fielding, saw the hosts home on 180-7.
Earlier, Pat Ringham – who co-founded the competition 31 years ago – hit 43 on his first club outing of the season.
He figured in a 107 run third-wicket stand with Adam Conyard, who smacked 71.
Harry Stevens struck 26 and Rob Pooley’s 21 guided March to 2027-7 before tea.
- 1 Man who died in A141 crash named
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for missing 26-year-old
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Fenland: First they came with wind (turbines) now the sun (solar)
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 9 Let's make Fenland ‘a hostile place’ for criminals
- 10 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
Elsewhere, in the Cambs League, Chatteris suffered a two wicket loss to Fordham, while Wimblington lost to Little Downham.