CRICKET: 13-year-old Kian Pooley stars as March Town defeat Wisbech to lift Fenland Trophy
- Credit: Archant
A top performance from one of the youngest league cricketers in the region helped March Town’s second Sunday side to silverware at the weekend.
13-year-old Kian Pooley claimed three wickets in an inspired four over spell as March defeated old rivals Wisbech 2nds to lift the Fenland Trophy at Harecroft Road.
Pooley’s skilled display helped stifle a Wisbech run rate at a time when the experienced Danny Emmington (100 rtd out) was in full flow.
His efforts, backed by some solid March fielding, saw the hosts home on 180-7.
Earlier, Pat Ringham – who co-founded the competition 31 years ago – hit 43 on his first club outing of the season.
You may also want to watch:
He figured in a 107 run third-wicket stand with Adam Conyard, who smacked 71.
Harry Stevens struck 26 and Rob Pooley’s 21 guided March to 2027-7 before tea.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Elsewhere, in the Cambs League, Chatteris suffered a two wicket loss to Fordham, while Wimblington lost to Little Downham.