CRICKET: Brandon Phillips and Rob Conyard guide March Town sides to vital league victories
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Phillips blasted March Town to a confidence-boosting six wicket victory at St Ives in the Whiting & Partners Division One last weekend.
March’s win lifts them off the foot of the table and provides them with only their second success this term.
Phillips struck 75 from 54 balls, smashing a dozen boundaries in the process.
He was supported by Tommy Howegego (39) and Clinton Bricker (41no) in their 222-4.
The hosts had earlier posted 219-5.
You may also want to watch:
March’s second side also picked up their second win as Adam Conyard steered them to a four wicket triumph against Hardwick.
The youngster hit 59 in March’s 138-6, before the visitors were dismissed for 134.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash