CRICKET: Brandon Phillips and Rob Conyard guide March Town sides to vital league victories
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Phillips blasted March Town to a confidence-boosting six wicket victory at St Ives in the Whiting & Partners Division One last weekend.
March’s win lifts them off the foot of the table and provides them with only their second success this term.
Phillips struck 75 from 54 balls, smashing a dozen boundaries in the process.
He was supported by Tommy Howegego (39) and Clinton Bricker (41no) in their 222-4.
The hosts had earlier posted 219-5.
You may also want to watch:
March’s second side also picked up their second win as Adam Conyard steered them to a four wicket triumph against Hardwick.
The youngster hit 59 in March’s 138-6, before the visitors were dismissed for 134.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton