CRICKET: Brandon Phillips and Rob Conyard guide March Town sides to vital league victories
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Phillips blasted March Town to a confidence-boosting six wicket victory at St Ives in the Whiting & Partners Division One last weekend.
March’s win lifts them off the foot of the table and provides them with only their second success this term.
Phillips struck 75 from 54 balls, smashing a dozen boundaries in the process.
He was supported by Tommy Howegego (39) and Clinton Bricker (41no) in their 222-4.
The hosts had earlier posted 219-5.
You may also want to watch:
March’s second side also picked up their second win as Adam Conyard steered them to a four wicket triumph against Hardwick.
The youngster hit 59 in March’s 138-6, before the visitors were dismissed for 134.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack