CRICKET: Ketton turn in title-worthy display before the rain spares March Town’s blushes
- Credit: Archant
The curtain came down March Town’s season in Whiting & Partners Division One – and they felt the full force of a storming performance from champions elect, Ketton.
March batted for less than four overs and were 28 without loss before rain put an end to the contest.
The rain also took its toll when the top two sides in the Fenland Trophy battled it out on Sunday.
March 2nds lost out for the second straight year in the final of the Ernie Wool Cup – this time to Peterborough outfit Khalsa.
March never recovered from the loss of four early wickets in the 30-over per side final. They were dismissed for 83, with Jim Chapman top-scoring with 19.
You may also want to watch:
Despite interruptions with rain throughout, Khalsa took advantage of some sloppy fielding to finish the match off inside 22 overs, with Manuj Patel taking 2-15.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named