CRICKET: March Town and Whittlesey drop from their divisions on rain-soaked weekend
- Credit: Archant
March Town’s relegation from the Whiting & Partners Division One was confirmed on Saturday after rain halted play in their clash with Foxton.
Andrew Wright had claimed three wickets, dismissing Foxton’s Adam Webster, David Fagan and Alex Hobley, before the rain fell with last year’s champions at 104-4. March conclude their season with the visit of champions Ketton this Saturday (12pm).
In the Rutland League, March’s Sunday side’s hopes of the Division Two title were crushed after rivals Weldon claimed a seven wicket win over Ufford Park.
Whittlesey also had their relegation from the division confirmed despite beating Uffington by 16 runs.
Matt Fisher posted 45 in Whittlesey’s 158, before Brett Wright took 7-49 to help reduce their opponents to 142.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris 2nds’ promotion party also fell victim to the weather on Saturday in the Cambs Junior Three North Division.
Archie Palmer struck 54 in his side’s 179-8, before the rain fell with rivals City of Ely 2nds on 113-4.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 March Town United in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid