CRICKET: March Town and Whittlesey drop from their divisions on rain-soaked weekend
- Credit: Archant
March Town’s relegation from the Whiting & Partners Division One was confirmed on Saturday after rain halted play in their clash with Foxton.
Andrew Wright had claimed three wickets, dismissing Foxton’s Adam Webster, David Fagan and Alex Hobley, before the rain fell with last year’s champions at 104-4. March conclude their season with the visit of champions Ketton this Saturday (12pm).
In the Rutland League, March’s Sunday side’s hopes of the Division Two title were crushed after rivals Weldon claimed a seven wicket win over Ufford Park.
Whittlesey also had their relegation from the division confirmed despite beating Uffington by 16 runs.
Matt Fisher posted 45 in Whittlesey’s 158, before Brett Wright took 7-49 to help reduce their opponents to 142.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris 2nds’ promotion party also fell victim to the weather on Saturday in the Cambs Junior Three North Division.
Archie Palmer struck 54 in his side’s 179-8, before the rain fell with rivals City of Ely 2nds on 113-4.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack