CRICKET: March Town and Whittlesey drop from their divisions on rain-soaked weekend
- Credit: Archant
March Town’s relegation from the Whiting & Partners Division One was confirmed on Saturday after rain halted play in their clash with Foxton.
Andrew Wright had claimed three wickets, dismissing Foxton’s Adam Webster, David Fagan and Alex Hobley, before the rain fell with last year’s champions at 104-4. March conclude their season with the visit of champions Ketton this Saturday (12pm).
In the Rutland League, March’s Sunday side’s hopes of the Division Two title were crushed after rivals Weldon claimed a seven wicket win over Ufford Park.
Whittlesey also had their relegation from the division confirmed despite beating Uffington by 16 runs.
Matt Fisher posted 45 in Whittlesey’s 158, before Brett Wright took 7-49 to help reduce their opponents to 142.
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris 2nds’ promotion party also fell victim to the weather on Saturday in the Cambs Junior Three North Division.
Archie Palmer struck 54 in his side’s 179-8, before the rain fell with rivals City of Ely 2nds on 113-4.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years