Cricket: March Town seal promotion despite rain taking its toll on top-of-the-table clash with St Ives Town
- Credit: Archant
March Town sealed an instant return to the Tucker Gardner Division One on Saturday – despite their top-of-the-table clash with St Ives falling victim to the weather.
The rain failed to put a dampener on March’s promotion party as they secured an invaluable 15-point haul in St Ives which fires them to within one point of the league toppers.
Tommy Howgego weaved magic with the ball as the fifth bowler employed, returning his best figures of the season - 4-14 off just six overs - as the home side were dismissed for 124.
Andy Wright had earlier helped reduce St Ives to 49-5 with a 3-24 spell of his own.
March bagged a full 10 points for bowling their opponents out and then were given a further five points as the match was rained off after just 1.3 overs of their innings.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday will decide whether the league title heads on Fenland or to Huntingdonshire.
March visit relegation threatened Fordham, who beat them earlier in the season, while St Ives host near neighbours Warboys.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years