Cricket: March Town seal promotion despite rain taking its toll on top-of-the-table clash with St Ives Town
- Credit: Archant
March Town sealed an instant return to the Tucker Gardner Division One on Saturday – despite their top-of-the-table clash with St Ives falling victim to the weather.
The rain failed to put a dampener on March’s promotion party as they secured an invaluable 15-point haul in St Ives which fires them to within one point of the league toppers.
Tommy Howgego weaved magic with the ball as the fifth bowler employed, returning his best figures of the season - 4-14 off just six overs - as the home side were dismissed for 124.
Andy Wright had earlier helped reduce St Ives to 49-5 with a 3-24 spell of his own.
March bagged a full 10 points for bowling their opponents out and then were given a further five points as the match was rained off after just 1.3 overs of their innings.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday will decide whether the league title heads on Fenland or to Huntingdonshire.
March visit relegation threatened Fordham, who beat them earlier in the season, while St Ives host near neighbours Warboys.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris