Cricket round-up: Captain Marvel Ringham bowls March to massive victory
A CAPTAIN’S performance from Chris Ringham helped March take a massive step towards the Tucker Gardner Premier Division title with a seven-wicket thrashing of Ramsey.
The left-arm swing bowler took 6-45 as March bundled their title rivals out for just 79 on Saturday. Fellow seamers Stuart Mills and Matt Wilcox also picked up two wickets apiece.
Wilcox (22), Tommy Howgego (23) and Carl Chapman (20) helped March cruise to victory inside 17 overs - stretching their lead at the top of the table to a commanding 28 points.
• UNIVERSITY student Josh Jackman smacked a first team career best of 89 to inspire March to a 70-run victory at Uppingham on Sunday.
The fantastic knock helped March reach 208-9 before Toby Nulty and James Harradine took three wickets each to skittle the home side for 138.
The win moved March into fourth place in Rutland Division One.
• DEBUTANT Ed Batt crashed 56 as March II beat Balsham by eight wickets at The Avenue on Saturday.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
Callum Young (3-26) and Dave Tufnail (3-20) bowled superbly to dismiss Balsham for 110. Batt was supported by James Beresford (25) and David Haslegrave (21 not out) as March cruised home.
• MARCH III lost their ninth game of the season with a 68-run defeat at Soham.
The home side were dismissed for 149 in the bottom-of-the-table clash with Neil Alger (3-36) and Toby Nulty (2-48) in the wickets.
But March’s batting frailties were again exposed as they folded for 80 - with only Jamie Stimpson (31) putting up any resistance.
• MARCH IV continue to top Cambs Junior 5A despite not playing a game in more than three weeks.
Soham were the latest side to forfeit the points after they were unable to raise a team to contest Saturday’s fixture.
• CHATTERIS suffered a shock 50-run defeat to bottom-of-the-table Barrington to start a miserable weekend for the club.
Andy Wool, Dom Platt and Mark Leach all took two wickets for Chatteris as Barrington were restricted to 191-8. But Chatteris’ batting line-up could muster only 141 in reply, with extras top-scoring on 35.
• CHATTERIS II continue to hover above the Cambs Junior 2A relegation zone after a five-wicket defeat to Sutton.
Malc Perry (52) and Cameron Brown (45 not out) helped Chatteris post 166-9 but Sutton reached their target in the 34th over.
Chatteris III were unable to raise a side and forfeited the points in their fixture with Over II.