Cricket round-up: Chatteris II gain bragging rights in Fenland derby
CHATTERIS II beat March III by seven wickets to gain bragging rights in Saturday’s Fenland derby.
Nathan Foad (35) top-scored for March as they posted 163 all out. Liam Boxall (3-29) and James Surtees (3-30) were the pick of Chatteris’ bowlers. Malc Perry (54 not out), Matt Hollis (46) and captain Grant Osbourn (27 not out) helped Chatteris to victory. Stuart Fox (2-27) and Jacob Gray (1-23) took March’s wickets.
On Sunday, Chatteris II won a rain-affected CCA Junior Cup Second Round clash against Ashdon. Ant Palmer (3-14) and Kurt Cunningham (3-52) restricted Ashdon to 178-9. Cunningham (36 not out) and Malc Perry (14) wasted no time in reaching Chatteris’ revised target of 45 runs.
• CHARLES Baxter (54) and Danny Haynes (43) starred as Wisbech II beat Cottenham by seven runs. Haynes (4-38) helped reduce the visitors to 199-9 as they chased 206 in reply.
• AUSTRALIAN all-rounder Matt Wilcox hit another century and took six wickets as March moved to the top of Tucker Gardner Premier Division. Wilcox (6-57) and spinner Shardul Brahmbhatt (3-58) left March chasing 183 for victory against Cambridge Granta II. Wilcox (113 not out) and Brahmbhatt (25) eased in-form March to a seven-wicket win.
You may also want to watch:
• GARY Freear (5-15) was in outstanding form despite Wisbech losing to Foxton by 56 runs. Captain James Williams (24 not out) top-scored in reply but Wisbech crumbled to 115 all out.
• CHATTERIS remain top of CCA Senior Division Three after a comfortable seven-wicket win at Isleham. Young spinner Dom Platt (3-38) and seamer Joe Menarry (3-22) shone as the home side posted 163-9. Connor Cunningham (84 not out), and Pete Muns (37 not out) guided Chatteris to victory.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
• STEVEN Reid (88 not out) couldn’t prevent Chatteris III losing to Cambs Junior 4A table-toppers Cottenham II by four wickets. Chatteris posted 163-9 but Kriss Brown (2-19) and Ben Collett (2-44) couldn’t prevent Cottenham hitting 167-6 in reply.
• LEVERINGTON lost for the first time this season despite posting 166-7 against Pymoor. John Gill (35) and Ricky Brown (34) making good batting contributions. Brown (4-35) also excelled with the ball but couldn’t stop Pymoor winning by two wickets.
• RICHARD Green (4-19) helped CCA Senior Division One table-topping March II skittle Hardwick & Caldecote for 113. In reply, Ben Pyle (36 not out) and David Hodson (22 not out) helped March win by four wickets.
• ALL-ROUNDER Manuj Patel helped March IV beat Witcham II by two wickets. Patel took (4-15) as Witcham posted 144-7 and then hit 82 as March scored 146 in reply.
• WISBECH III slipped to a 96-run defeat at Soham. Ryan Van Waterschoot (2-48) and Martin Parrin (2-52) left Wisbech chasing 222 for victory. Richard Harnell (42) batted valiantly in reply.
• Wisbech IV lost to Haddenham by 57 runs. David LeMoir (4-22) was Wisbech’s best bowler as Haddenham posted 163-7. Wisbech limped to 106 all out in reply with Al Hanrahan (31) top-scoring.