Cricket round-up: Chatteris lose cup final while table-topping March slip up
CHATTERIS II missed out in their quest for a third CCA Junior Cup as they lost to Sawston II by seven wickets in Sunday’s final.
Chatteris - helped by Kurt Cunningham (59) and Matt Hollis (33) - posted 174-9 but Sawston eased to 175-3 in reply to win. Andy Wool (2-35) was Chatteris’ best bowler.
• TABLE-TOPPING March slipped to an agonising 10-run defeat at Nassington on Saturday - their first Tucker Gardner Premier Division loss in three months.
Carl Chapman (4-8) helped restrict Nassington to 167 all out. However, March capitulated from 120-3 to 157 all out with only Matt Wilcox (56) posting a decent score.
March bounced back on Sunday by beating Market Deeping by 15 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Jackman (71) and Tyler Phillips (34) helped March to 140 all out. Tommy Howgego (4-18), Callum Young (3-15) and Jackman (2-2) bowled superbly to clinch March’s victory.
• OPENER James Harradine smashed 76 as March II beat St Giles by 48 runs.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
Harradine and Richard Green (23) helped March to 161-8 before Callum Young (4-25) and two wickets a piece from Richard Green and Andy Wright helped bowl St Giles for 113 all out.
• CHATTERIS II beat March III by 23 runs.
Kevin Felton (44) and Josh Grant (36) top-scored as Chatteris posted 142 all out despite the best efforts of March off-spinner Stuart Fox (6-36).
March made a disastrous start in reply - slumping to 32-6 - with only Jordan Morgan (29) and Nathan Oliver (30) offering any resistance.
Josh Grant (2-5) and Paul Foster (2-28) were the pick of Chatteris’ bowlers.
• VETERAN opener Dennis Furnell hit an unbeaten 71 as March IV clinched the Cambs Junior Division 5A title.
James Shephered (3-26) took March’s best figures in their comfortable seven-wicket win over Elsworth II. He also hit 29 as March breezed to 156-3 in reply.
• DAVID Haslegrave (66) and Stephen Wallis (59) blasted March II to 185-5 as they beat Wisbech III by 23 runs in Sunday’s Fenland Trophy.
Toby Nulty and Jacob Gray shared five wickets as Wisbech made 162 all out in reply.
• Chatteris III won by default after Isleham II couldn’t field a side.
• Visit the website on Friday to read about Chatteris securing promotion on Saturday.