Cricket round-up: Chatteris lose cup final while table-topping March slip up
CHATTERIS II missed out in their quest for a third CCA Junior Cup as they lost to Sawston II by seven wickets in Sunday’s final.
Chatteris - helped by Kurt Cunningham (59) and Matt Hollis (33) - posted 174-9 but Sawston eased to 175-3 in reply to win. Andy Wool (2-35) was Chatteris’ best bowler.
• TABLE-TOPPING March slipped to an agonising 10-run defeat at Nassington on Saturday - their first Tucker Gardner Premier Division loss in three months.
Carl Chapman (4-8) helped restrict Nassington to 167 all out. However, March capitulated from 120-3 to 157 all out with only Matt Wilcox (56) posting a decent score.
March bounced back on Sunday by beating Market Deeping by 15 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Jackman (71) and Tyler Phillips (34) helped March to 140 all out. Tommy Howgego (4-18), Callum Young (3-15) and Jackman (2-2) bowled superbly to clinch March’s victory.
• OPENER James Harradine smashed 76 as March II beat St Giles by 48 runs.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Harradine and Richard Green (23) helped March to 161-8 before Callum Young (4-25) and two wickets a piece from Richard Green and Andy Wright helped bowl St Giles for 113 all out.
• CHATTERIS II beat March III by 23 runs.
Kevin Felton (44) and Josh Grant (36) top-scored as Chatteris posted 142 all out despite the best efforts of March off-spinner Stuart Fox (6-36).
March made a disastrous start in reply - slumping to 32-6 - with only Jordan Morgan (29) and Nathan Oliver (30) offering any resistance.
Josh Grant (2-5) and Paul Foster (2-28) were the pick of Chatteris’ bowlers.
• VETERAN opener Dennis Furnell hit an unbeaten 71 as March IV clinched the Cambs Junior Division 5A title.
James Shephered (3-26) took March’s best figures in their comfortable seven-wicket win over Elsworth II. He also hit 29 as March breezed to 156-3 in reply.
• DAVID Haslegrave (66) and Stephen Wallis (59) blasted March II to 185-5 as they beat Wisbech III by 23 runs in Sunday’s Fenland Trophy.
Toby Nulty and Jacob Gray shared five wickets as Wisbech made 162 all out in reply.
• Chatteris III won by default after Isleham II couldn’t field a side.
• Visit the website on Friday to read about Chatteris securing promotion on Saturday.