Cricket round-up: Moden and Wilcox star as March celebrate triumphant clean sweep
ROB Moden and Matt Wilcox put in memorable performances as March recorded their best Saturday of the season with a clean sweep of wins.
Australian star Wilcox continued his mesmerising form, taking 7-29 to inspire the first team to a five-wicket victory over Ickwell.
Carl Chapman hit 40 to ease March past Ickwell’s lowly score of 82 all out and extend their lead at the top of the Tucker Gardner Premier Division to 27 points.
• OPENING batsman Moden was the star for the second team - clubbing 18 boundaries in a magnificent knock of 129 not out. John Wallis supported him with 59 as March II posted 238-4.
Callum Young then produced his best performance of the summer with the ball, claiming 5-46 as Great Shelford were restricted to 202-8.
You may also want to watch:
• MARCH III hauled themselves off the bottom of the Cambs Junior 2A table with a six-wicket win over Little Downham.
Off-spinner Stuart Fox took 6-30 before Nick Peck (85 not out) and Nathan Foad (52) smashed March to victory - ending their dismal run of four straight defeats.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
• MARCH IV sealed a triumphant weekend for the cricket club with a 179-run thrashing of Bar Hill.
Dennis Furnell (76) and Brett Tinnion (56) put on 119 for the first wicket to help March to an impressive 267-5.
Vice-captain James Shepherd (3-17) took a wicket with the first ball of Bar Hill’s reply and, together with his opening partner Josh Watson (5-21), skittled the visitors for 88.
• WEST Indian debutant Haffiz Yathali took a wicket with his first ball for Chatteris as they thrashed Cambridge NCI II by 10 wickets.
Yathali (3-40), Kurt Cunningham (3-15) and Dom Platt (3-19) helped dismiss the home side for just 100.
Connor Cunningham recovered from being hit in the face attempting a reverse sweep to smash 79 not out as table-topping Chatteris cruised to victory.
• A CLASSY 75 not out from Steven Reid was not enough to prevent Chatteris II losing by nine wickets to Longstanton II. The visitors reached their total of 188-6 with the loss of just one wicket.
Chatteris III were also left disappointed after a 69-run defeat to Fordham III.
Adam Whiting took a stunning 6-15 in just five overs as Fordham posted 211 all out. But Chatteris folded for 142 in reply, with opener Oli Bailey top-scoring with 66.