Cricket round-up: Wisbech thrash Deeping while Chatteris pip March in Fenland Trophy
WISBECH Town beat the miserable weather - and Market Deeping - on Sunday, while March let the Rutland Division One leaders off the hook.
• OPENER Danny Haynes fell nine runs short of a century as Wisbech Town thrashed Market Deeping in Rutland Division Two on Sunday.
Haynes was well supported by Dom Stannard (31) as Wisbech posted 219 at Harecroft Road.
All seven Wisbech bowlers took a wicket in Deeping’s reply, with off-spinner Gary Freear recording incredible figures of three wickets for one run. The visitors crumbled to 106 all out in the 37th over.
• MARCH Town fell to defeat in Rutland Division One on Sunday - despite having the leaders Oundle Town reeling at 32-6.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Young (4-46) and Josh Jackman (3-30) blew away Oundle’s top order before defiant batting from the tail-enders helped them reach 171 all out.
Ryan Meyer (33) and Scott Welcher (13) put up limited resistance in reply as March folded for 76.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
• AN IMPRESSIVE knock from Liam Boxall helped Chatteris beat March II in a Fenland Trophy thriller on Sunday.
Boxall’s 66 helped Chatteris get home with just eight balls to spare at The Avenue.
Teenager Adam Conyard (38) and captain Stephen Wallis (29) had earlier helped March post 161-3 off their 40 overs.
• WISBECH II fell to a 40-run defeat against Weldon in Rutland Division Five.
Harrison Smith took four wickets to help dismiss Weldon for 160 but, despite a strong innings from Jason Esser (32), Wisbech fell short.
Wisbech III were bowled out for 121 in a four-wicket defeat to Fenland rivals Wimblington.
• MARCH IV were one of the few teams who beat the miserable weather on Saturday - but they fell to their third successive defeat.
James Shepherd (3-45) and Glen Hulley (2-49) bowled well as Cambs Junior 4A leaders Littleport amassed 201-5.
James Beresford top-scored with 19 as March were dismissed for 90 in reply.