Crosbie delighted as 30 players attend pre-season training at March Town United
MANAGER Paul Crosbie hailed an outstanding turnout after 30 players took part in March Town United’s first pre-season training session last night.
Former, current and future Hares were put through their paces by Crosbie and his assistant Bob Warby at Neale-Wade.
Among them was Wisbech Town midfielder Lewis Thompson, who is considering swapping the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium for the GER, and a handful of players with experience in the United Counties League.
Several members of last season’s March squad also trained, including captain Luke Pepper, winger Ash Brand and full-back Marc Welcher - who are all lining up moves.
Crosbie said: “The turnout was outstanding and I know there were several players that couldn’t make it.
“The attitude and application from everyone there was spot on. It gave me a lot of hope.
“I was honest with them. I know that some are going elsewhere to train but I’ve given them a deadline to commit. By July 7 I want to have a clear idea of who wants to be part of the club.”
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
Players were given fitness and speed tests before taking part in drills and small-sided games.
Crosbie said: “I was quite impressed with the starting mark for fitness. I didn’t want to kill them on the first night and we did do some stuff with a football. I don’t want marathon runners I want footballers.
“Hopefully these sessions will show people that we are serious about taking the club forward.
“Hopefully they will see that what we are doing at March is totally different and at another level to anywhere else. Players will get treated as professionally as possible.”
The Hares have organised an additional friendly away at Parson Drove on July 19 (Kick-off 6.45pm).