Crosbie delighted as 30 players attend pre-season training at March Town United
MANAGER Paul Crosbie hailed an outstanding turnout after 30 players took part in March Town United’s first pre-season training session last night.
Former, current and future Hares were put through their paces by Crosbie and his assistant Bob Warby at Neale-Wade.
Among them was Wisbech Town midfielder Lewis Thompson, who is considering swapping the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium for the GER, and a handful of players with experience in the United Counties League.
Several members of last season’s March squad also trained, including captain Luke Pepper, winger Ash Brand and full-back Marc Welcher - who are all lining up moves.
Crosbie said: “The turnout was outstanding and I know there were several players that couldn’t make it.
You may also want to watch:
“The attitude and application from everyone there was spot on. It gave me a lot of hope.
“I was honest with them. I know that some are going elsewhere to train but I’ve given them a deadline to commit. By July 7 I want to have a clear idea of who wants to be part of the club.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
Players were given fitness and speed tests before taking part in drills and small-sided games.
Crosbie said: “I was quite impressed with the starting mark for fitness. I didn’t want to kill them on the first night and we did do some stuff with a football. I don’t want marathon runners I want footballers.
“Hopefully these sessions will show people that we are serious about taking the club forward.
“Hopefully they will see that what we are doing at March is totally different and at another level to anywhere else. Players will get treated as professionally as possible.”
The Hares have organised an additional friendly away at Parson Drove on July 19 (Kick-off 6.45pm).