Crosbie gives March Town United players ultimatum after shocking friendly performance
- Credit: Archant
BOSS Paul Crosbie has given his March Town United players a day to consider their futures after an abject 3-1 friendly defeat to Soham Town Rangers.
Crosbie was left fuming after Max Mattless’ strike was cancelled out by three sloppy goals in a woeful first half performance.
The Hares improved in the second half but they could not peg back a 3-1 deficit and fell to their fourth consecutive pre-season loss. They have suffered heavy defeats to Cottenham and Wisbech Town and lost 1-0 to Swineshead Institute on Saturday.
He said: “The first half was an absolute disgrace in terms of attitude and application. We did not show up.
“It sounds ridiculous to do it in a pre-season game but I had to tear the paint of the walls and really lay into the players.
“In fairness their second half performance was better but what they produced should be the bare minimum.
“I told the players afterwards it’s up to them to decide whether they still want to play for the club.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
“If they do I expect them to show up at training and prove their commitment and the coaches and I will make a decision on their futures.
“If they don’t want to be part of the club, that’s fine. We’ll shake hands and go our separate ways.”
March’s next three pre-season games are against Boston Town, Yaxley on Wisbech Town, who all ply their trade in the UCL Premier Division.
Crosbie said: “If we play how we did in the first half against Soham we’ll ship double figures.
“The players need to stand up and apply themselves.”
March are next in friendly action at Boston Town tomorrow.