Crosbie hopes return of experienced players against Halstead will help banish memories of Team Bury debacle
- Credit: Archant
March Town United will look to banish the memories of their last game when they host high flying Halstead Town on Saturday.
The Hares last game was a disastrous 7-1 loss at Team Bury on January 18.
After the game, boss Paul Crosbie said, were it not for stand-in keeper James Mortlock and the woodwork, which saved them five times, the scoreline could have been double.
But he is hopeful his side will bounce back against a team 12 places above them in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
March will be out for revenge after the game earlier this season ended in an agonising 2-1 loss.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We went 1-0 up then conceded twice but we should have equalised at the death.
“Unfortunately, our player missed from less than six yards out.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
“Halstead have got a good, young side challenging near the top of the league who are brave in the way they play the game.
“If we play like we did in our games before Christmas we will have a nice afternoon but if we play like did against Team Bury it will be bad for everyone.”
Crosbie hopes to welcome back experienced players Paul Richardson, Gary White, Lewis Cook, Ryan Peacock and Jack Flintoff for the game.
Talismanic midfielder Luke Pepper, who turned out for the reserves last weekend, may also be available.