Crosbie pleased as March Town United begin new era with 2-2 draw at Debenham LC
A LATE equaliser robbed March Town United of a win on Saturday - but Paul Crosbie said he was pleased to pick up his first point as manager.
The Hares shrugged off a tough pre-season to kick off their Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign with a 2-2 draw at Debenham LC.
Robbie Masters put March in front in the 18th minute but the Hornets equalised on the hour, with a free header from a corner.
Crosbie’s side were soon back in front, as Ash Spendelow’s 25-yard drive hit the crossbar and the goalkeeper on its way to the net.
But with just seven minutes left, March were denied the perfect start as the hosts found a second equaliser.
Crosbie said: “Yes, we conceded a late equaliser but to pick up a point on the road is very pleasing.”
The Hares host Newmarket Town at the GER on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm).
- 1 A1 Northbound shut due to overturned lorry near Peterborough
- 2 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Tony Brown, who had looked set to sign for March, will now line up against them after agreeing to join Newmarket.