Crosbie pleased as March Town United begin new era with 2-2 draw at Debenham LC
A LATE equaliser robbed March Town United of a win on Saturday - but Paul Crosbie said he was pleased to pick up his first point as manager.
The Hares shrugged off a tough pre-season to kick off their Thurlow Nunn First Division campaign with a 2-2 draw at Debenham LC.
Robbie Masters put March in front in the 18th minute but the Hornets equalised on the hour, with a free header from a corner.
Crosbie’s side were soon back in front, as Ash Spendelow’s 25-yard drive hit the crossbar and the goalkeeper on its way to the net.
But with just seven minutes left, March were denied the perfect start as the hosts found a second equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie said: “Yes, we conceded a late equaliser but to pick up a point on the road is very pleasing.”
The Hares host Newmarket Town at the GER on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm).
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
Tony Brown, who had looked set to sign for March, will now line up against them after agreeing to join Newmarket.