Crosbie relieved as March Town United halt losing streak with 2-1 win at Brightlingsea
MARCH Town United halted their three-game losing streak by beating Brightlingsea Regent 2-1 on Saturday.
The Hares made the long trip to Essex without injured defenders Sam Darlow and Adam Sutton and unavailable keeper Marc Hipwell - and they were behind after just two minutes.
But a spirited second-half performance gave Paul Crosbie’s side a much-needed win - with an own goal and a late Robbie Masters header securing three precious points.
Crosbie admitted he was relieved to get the result, which puts March seventh in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
“It’s good to get back to winning ways,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We were disappointing in the first half but it was a superb effort after the break. It made the trip back home go much quicker!”
The Hares host fourth-placed Braintree Town Reserves on Saturday.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash