Crosbie tempts former Hares star Michael Anker into March Town United return
HARES boss Paul Crosbie has tempted Michael Anker into returning to March Town United.
The versatile star, who can play in defence of midfield, has re-signed for the Hares a year after he left the GER. He was most recently with Peterborough Northern Star.
Anker has played a key role in former March sides, impressing as an energetic full back under Jamie Weston in 2009/10.
Crosbie admitted he was delighted to have him back on board.
“Mikey came to pre-season with us,” he said. “He is an ex-Hare who is highly-regarded.
You may also want to watch:
“He can play midfield or defence and he’s a cultured footballer. He also wants to become part of what I’m building.”
March host Ipswich Wanderers in the Thurlow Nunn First Division tomorrow.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal