Crosbie tempts former Hares star Michael Anker into March Town United return
HARES boss Paul Crosbie has tempted Michael Anker into returning to March Town United.
The versatile star, who can play in defence of midfield, has re-signed for the Hares a year after he left the GER. He was most recently with Peterborough Northern Star.
Anker has played a key role in former March sides, impressing as an energetic full back under Jamie Weston in 2009/10.
Crosbie admitted he was delighted to have him back on board.
“Mikey came to pre-season with us,” he said. “He is an ex-Hare who is highly-regarded.
“He can play midfield or defence and he’s a cultured footballer. He also wants to become part of what I’m building.”
March host Ipswich Wanderers in the Thurlow Nunn First Division tomorrow.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks