Cunningham and Hollis combine to lead Chatteris to CCA Junior Cup Glory
- Credit: Archant
KURT Cunningham’s stunning unbeaten 123 propelled Chatteris II to CCA Junior Cup Glory in Cambridge.
They beat Cherry Hinton by seven wickets in the final on Sunday.
Cherry Hinton batted first and posted a respectable 205-5 off 40 overs.
In reply, Chatteris II were struggling at 52-3 before Cunningham and Matt Hollis, who made 68 not out, combined for a match-winning unbeaten 157 run stand, winning with more than four overs to spare.
Cunningham said: “We lost early wickets so it was important Matt (Hollis) stayed with me.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a young side out and we did not want to put the other batsmen under too much pressure.
“I didn’t make any mistakes and it was an important innings given the match situation.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
“I was knackered afterwards and it took a while to get the energy to celebrate but all the lads were chuffed and overwhelmed by the win.”
PETE Munns’ unbeaten 110 helped Chatteris crush bottom of the table Babraham by eight wickets in CCA Senior Division One.
Babraham made a respectable 220-5 but Munns and Kurt Cunningham, who made 65, knocked off the total with ease.