Cunningham and Hollis combine to lead Chatteris to CCA Junior Cup Glory
- Credit: Archant
KURT Cunningham’s stunning unbeaten 123 propelled Chatteris II to CCA Junior Cup Glory in Cambridge.
They beat Cherry Hinton by seven wickets in the final on Sunday.
Cherry Hinton batted first and posted a respectable 205-5 off 40 overs.
In reply, Chatteris II were struggling at 52-3 before Cunningham and Matt Hollis, who made 68 not out, combined for a match-winning unbeaten 157 run stand, winning with more than four overs to spare.
Cunningham said: “We lost early wickets so it was important Matt (Hollis) stayed with me.
“We had a young side out and we did not want to put the other batsmen under too much pressure.
“I didn’t make any mistakes and it was an important innings given the match situation.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
“I was knackered afterwards and it took a while to get the energy to celebrate but all the lads were chuffed and overwhelmed by the win.”
PETE Munns’ unbeaten 110 helped Chatteris crush bottom of the table Babraham by eight wickets in CCA Senior Division One.
Babraham made a respectable 220-5 but Munns and Kurt Cunningham, who made 65, knocked off the total with ease.