Cunningham and Hollis combine to lead Chatteris to CCA Junior Cup Glory
- Credit: Archant
KURT Cunningham’s stunning unbeaten 123 propelled Chatteris II to CCA Junior Cup Glory in Cambridge.
They beat Cherry Hinton by seven wickets in the final on Sunday.
Cherry Hinton batted first and posted a respectable 205-5 off 40 overs.
In reply, Chatteris II were struggling at 52-3 before Cunningham and Matt Hollis, who made 68 not out, combined for a match-winning unbeaten 157 run stand, winning with more than four overs to spare.
Cunningham said: “We lost early wickets so it was important Matt (Hollis) stayed with me.
“We had a young side out and we did not want to put the other batsmen under too much pressure.
“I didn’t make any mistakes and it was an important innings given the match situation.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 10 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
“I was knackered afterwards and it took a while to get the energy to celebrate but all the lads were chuffed and overwhelmed by the win.”
PETE Munns’ unbeaten 110 helped Chatteris crush bottom of the table Babraham by eight wickets in CCA Senior Division One.
Babraham made a respectable 220-5 but Munns and Kurt Cunningham, who made 65, knocked off the total with ease.