Cup misery continues for March Town United as they crash out of the FA Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Mildenhall Town 6 March Town United 1
MARCH Town United exited their second cup competition this week to higher-league opposition with a crushing 6-1 defeat at high-flying Mildenhall Town.
It was always going to be tough for Brett Whaley’s Ridgeons First Division side after Tuesday’s 3-2 FA Cup Preliminary Round replay exit to rivals Wisbech Town.
Things didn’t improve after Mildenhall - unbeaten in five matches and currently second in the Ridgeons Premier Division - took a 1-0 lead into the break and quickly doubled their advantage after the restart.
Adam Rothery pulled a goal back for the Hares but the home side added a third moments later to put one foot in the next round.
And as a desperate March pushed forward in search of an equaliser they conceded three goals in the closing stages to cap off a miserable week of cup football for the Hares.
Whaley’s side return to league action next Saturday against Stowmarket Town at home.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their Ridgeons Premier Division match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.