Cup misery continues for March Town United as they crash out of the FA Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Mildenhall Town 6 March Town United 1
MARCH Town United exited their second cup competition this week to higher-league opposition with a crushing 6-1 defeat at high-flying Mildenhall Town.
It was always going to be tough for Brett Whaley’s Ridgeons First Division side after Tuesday’s 3-2 FA Cup Preliminary Round replay exit to rivals Wisbech Town.
Things didn’t improve after Mildenhall - unbeaten in five matches and currently second in the Ridgeons Premier Division - took a 1-0 lead into the break and quickly doubled their advantage after the restart.
Adam Rothery pulled a goal back for the Hares but the home side added a third moments later to put one foot in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
And as a desperate March pushed forward in search of an equaliser they conceded three goals in the closing stages to cap off a miserable week of cup football for the Hares.
Whaley’s side return to league action next Saturday against Stowmarket Town at home.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their Ridgeons Premier Division match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.