Cup misery continues for March Town United as they crash out of the FA Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Mildenhall Town 6 March Town United 1
MARCH Town United exited their second cup competition this week to higher-league opposition with a crushing 6-1 defeat at high-flying Mildenhall Town.
It was always going to be tough for Brett Whaley’s Ridgeons First Division side after Tuesday’s 3-2 FA Cup Preliminary Round replay exit to rivals Wisbech Town.
Things didn’t improve after Mildenhall - unbeaten in five matches and currently second in the Ridgeons Premier Division - took a 1-0 lead into the break and quickly doubled their advantage after the restart.
Adam Rothery pulled a goal back for the Hares but the home side added a third moments later to put one foot in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
And as a desperate March pushed forward in search of an equaliser they conceded three goals in the closing stages to cap off a miserable week of cup football for the Hares.
Whaley’s side return to league action next Saturday against Stowmarket Town at home.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their Ridgeons Premier Division match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.