Cup misery continues for March Town United as they crash out of the FA Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Mildenhall Town 6 March Town United 1
MARCH Town United exited their second cup competition this week to higher-league opposition with a crushing 6-1 defeat at high-flying Mildenhall Town.
It was always going to be tough for Brett Whaley’s Ridgeons First Division side after Tuesday’s 3-2 FA Cup Preliminary Round replay exit to rivals Wisbech Town.
Things didn’t improve after Mildenhall - unbeaten in five matches and currently second in the Ridgeons Premier Division - took a 1-0 lead into the break and quickly doubled their advantage after the restart.
Adam Rothery pulled a goal back for the Hares but the home side added a third moments later to put one foot in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
And as a desperate March pushed forward in search of an equaliser they conceded three goals in the closing stages to cap off a miserable week of cup football for the Hares.
Whaley’s side return to league action next Saturday against Stowmarket Town at home.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their Ridgeons Premier Division match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.