Cup misery continues for March Town United as they crash out of the FA Vase
FA Vase First Qualifying Round: Mildenhall Town 6 March Town United 1
MARCH Town United exited their second cup competition this week to higher-league opposition with a crushing 6-1 defeat at high-flying Mildenhall Town.
It was always going to be tough for Brett Whaley’s Ridgeons First Division side after Tuesday’s 3-2 FA Cup Preliminary Round replay exit to rivals Wisbech Town.
Things didn’t improve after Mildenhall - unbeaten in five matches and currently second in the Ridgeons Premier Division - took a 1-0 lead into the break and quickly doubled their advantage after the restart.
Adam Rothery pulled a goal back for the Hares but the home side added a third moments later to put one foot in the next round.
And as a desperate March pushed forward in search of an equaliser they conceded three goals in the closing stages to cap off a miserable week of cup football for the Hares.
Whaley’s side return to league action next Saturday against Stowmarket Town at home.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their Ridgeons Premier Division match today click on the related link on the right-hand side of the page.