Czech them out! March Athletics Club members run to impressive times at Prague Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Committed members of March Athletics Club battled rising temperatures to run to impressive times at the Prague Marathon.
Four club runners – Tom Orr, Dawn Veal, Suzanne Orr and Pat Brown – flew to the Czech Republic on May 8 for the 26.2 mile race, and battled high temperatures to cross the line.
Tom Orr crossed the line first in a time of four hours 28 minutes, with Veal in second place in four hours and 33 seconds.
Suzanne Orr finished third for March AC in a time of six hours and five minutes, with Brown last over the line in six hours and 32 minutes.
Meanwhile, slightly closer to home, 14 members took part in the Eye 10k.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Bremner crossed the line first for March in a time of 41 minutes and 19 seconds, coming home second overall.
Results: Justin Elvidge 41:22, (37th), Mick Stacey 43:01 (57th), Wayne Stimson 44:10 (70th), Darren Moat 48:16 (127th), Martin Gardner 52:11 (177th), Malcolm Hunt 52:16 (178th), Graeme Robertson 52:29 (183rd), Gaelle Bryant 56:59 (249th), Stephen Cowell 58:19 (280th), Tina Lambert 1:04:05 (368th), Mark Oakerbee 1:07:30 (415th), Hugh Plumb 1:13:47 (471st), Tony Whibley 1:16:09 (493rd).
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre