Daniel and Ben triumph at Craig Kent Memorial, which raises hundreds of pounds for East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Credit: Archant
Anglers took to the water for the eighth Craig Kent Memorial, raising £400 for East Anglian Air Ambulance.
The drawn pairs match was fished on the old lake at sun drenched Kingsland Fishery at Turves.
Daniel Hall got the day’s top weight of 72lbs, ably backed up by young Ben Darrington (53-08). The pair were fishing the match for the first time.
Second were Matt Clarkson (68-08) and his partner Adrian Hunter (43-14), third were Shaun Humphrey (46-08) and Derek Yorke (36-05)
Paul Yardy won the Tony Larham Shield for the biggest fish. He landed a carp of exactly 14lbs.
The organiser said: “Many thanks to Richard and Theresa at Kingsland, Ray at ukmatchangler.com and to all the others who helped to make the day a great success.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?