Darts stars to open new Rileys Darts Zone in Peterborough
TWO of the world’s best players are darting into Peterborough to open the new Darts Zone at Rileys.
Current BDO World Champion Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams and PDC European Championship 2008 runner-up Adrian ‘Jackpot’ Lewis will do battle in a best-of-seven challenge match at the Rileys Darts Zone in The Q Club on Tuesday September 28.
They will also be taking on local club players before talking all things darts in a Q&A session hosted by TV darts ref Russ Bray.
Lewis said: “Martin and I are looking forward to really getting in the zone at Rileys and taking on some local talent. It will be good to see what Peterborough has to offer.
“I’ve seen the facilities at other Rileys Darts Zones across the country – and they are world class!
You may also want to watch:
“The Darts Zones are an ideal place for players to practice and compete, especially if they are looking to push on to the next level. With up to eight throws, there’s no endless hanging around waiting to get on the oche!”
Rileys, the UK’s largest pool and snooker hall operator, are opening Darts Zones in their clubs nationwide providing a top quality venue for players of all levels.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
The Darts Zones feature six or eight wide throwing lanes, championship-quality boards and electronic scoring.