Dear returns to Wisbech Town as Thompson considers March Town United switch
FORMER assistant manager Chris Dear has returned to Wisbech Town to help determined boss Steve Appleby mastermind a promotion charge.
Dear agreed a return to the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium this week - eight months after he resigned. He will assist boss Steve Appleby alongside Darren Jimson.
But midfielder Thompson, who has been with the Fenmen since he was 14, has agreed to attend pre-season training with rivals March Town United.
The 21-year-old said: “It’s probably the hardest decision I’ve faced and I can’t make it rashly. It looks as though I will have to go to find regular football.
“I’m still learning the game and I don’t want to leave but it’s looking like a decision I’m going to have to make.”
You may also want to watch:
Thompson, who has also been approached by Ely City, said he would speak to Appleby and consider his options before making a decision.
Winger Denny Escorcio also looks set to leave Wisbech after agreeing to join Peterborough Northern Star but March striker Stu Anderson has agreed to train with the Fenmen during pre-season.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
The Fenmen have announced plans for pre-season friendlies with Sleaford Town, Spalding United, March, Peterborough Northern Star, Holbeach United and Long Buckby.
But there will be no money-spinning pre-season clash with King’s Lynn Town after the Linnets snubbed an approach from Appleby.