Defender Marc Welcher set to re-sign for March Town United
FULL back Marc Welcher is set to return to March Town United.
The defender left the Hares in the summer to follow former boss Brett Whaley to Yaxley.
But Welcher has not played for the United Counties League outfit in several weeks - and he has now expressed a desire to return to his hometown club.
Hares boss Paul Crosbie said they were waiting to hear whether Yaxley would waive their approach.
He said: “Marc has asked to come back. He would fit into what we want to do but we’ll wait for Yaxley’s say-so and we’ll do things right.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we can get it all wrapped up. He won’t be available for tomorrow though, I have already named my 16.”
March, who have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games, host Debenham LC tomorrow.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
“We need that bit of experience from Marc because I think that’s what has cost us in the last few months. We’ve been fairly light on experience at this level and I include myself in that.
“It has been a steeper learning curve than I thought it would be.”