Defender Marc Welcher set to re-sign for March Town United
FULL back Marc Welcher is set to return to March Town United.
The defender left the Hares in the summer to follow former boss Brett Whaley to Yaxley.
But Welcher has not played for the United Counties League outfit in several weeks - and he has now expressed a desire to return to his hometown club.
Hares boss Paul Crosbie said they were waiting to hear whether Yaxley would waive their approach.
He said: “Marc has asked to come back. He would fit into what we want to do but we’ll wait for Yaxley’s say-so and we’ll do things right.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully we can get it all wrapped up. He won’t be available for tomorrow though, I have already named my 16.”
March, who have lost their last six Thurlow Nunn First Division games, host Debenham LC tomorrow.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
“We need that bit of experience from Marc because I think that’s what has cost us in the last few months. We’ve been fairly light on experience at this level and I include myself in that.
“It has been a steeper learning curve than I thought it would be.”