Delighted Chatteris Town boss Unwin praises side as Lilies claim two big-name scalps
CHATTERIS Town’s six-game unbeaten run gained two big-name scalps as the Lilies’ fine form continued.
Jimmy Unwin’s charges drew 1-1 with unbeaten Lakenheath before knocking Fulbourn Institute off the top of the Kershaw Premier League with a 2-1 victory on Saturday.
Goals from Richard Allen and Steve Turnbull clinched Chatteris’ 11th win of a fine campaign. The Lilies only gained promotion to the Kershaw Prem last season.
Unwin said: “The thing that has made the last two great results even better is we’ve had players missing and the young lads that have come in have done brilliantly.
“We played some really good football against Lakenheath and had they not have been awarded what I feel was a lucky penalty we would have beaten them.
You may also want to watch:
“We have surprised a lot of teams this year but our players haven’t surprised me at all.”
Fifth-placed Chatteris host struggling Somersham Town on Saturday. Kick-off: 12.30pm.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home