Delighted Chatteris Town boss Unwin praises side as Lilies claim two big-name scalps
CHATTERIS Town’s six-game unbeaten run gained two big-name scalps as the Lilies’ fine form continued.
Jimmy Unwin’s charges drew 1-1 with unbeaten Lakenheath before knocking Fulbourn Institute off the top of the Kershaw Premier League with a 2-1 victory on Saturday.
Goals from Richard Allen and Steve Turnbull clinched Chatteris’ 11th win of a fine campaign. The Lilies only gained promotion to the Kershaw Prem last season.
Unwin said: “The thing that has made the last two great results even better is we’ve had players missing and the young lads that have come in have done brilliantly.
“We played some really good football against Lakenheath and had they not have been awarded what I feel was a lucky penalty we would have beaten them.
You may also want to watch:
“We have surprised a lot of teams this year but our players haven’t surprised me at all.”
Fifth-placed Chatteris host struggling Somersham Town on Saturday. Kick-off: 12.30pm.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite