Delighted Chatteris Town boss Unwin praises side as Lilies claim two big-name scalps
CHATTERIS Town’s six-game unbeaten run gained two big-name scalps as the Lilies’ fine form continued.
Jimmy Unwin’s charges drew 1-1 with unbeaten Lakenheath before knocking Fulbourn Institute off the top of the Kershaw Premier League with a 2-1 victory on Saturday.
Goals from Richard Allen and Steve Turnbull clinched Chatteris’ 11th win of a fine campaign. The Lilies only gained promotion to the Kershaw Prem last season.
Unwin said: “The thing that has made the last two great results even better is we’ve had players missing and the young lads that have come in have done brilliantly.
“We played some really good football against Lakenheath and had they not have been awarded what I feel was a lucky penalty we would have beaten them.
“We have surprised a lot of teams this year but our players haven’t surprised me at all.”
Fifth-placed Chatteris host struggling Somersham Town on Saturday. Kick-off: 12.30pm.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash