Delighted Chatteris Town boss Unwin praises side as Lilies claim two big-name scalps
CHATTERIS Town’s six-game unbeaten run gained two big-name scalps as the Lilies’ fine form continued.
Jimmy Unwin’s charges drew 1-1 with unbeaten Lakenheath before knocking Fulbourn Institute off the top of the Kershaw Premier League with a 2-1 victory on Saturday.
Goals from Richard Allen and Steve Turnbull clinched Chatteris’ 11th win of a fine campaign. The Lilies only gained promotion to the Kershaw Prem last season.
Unwin said: “The thing that has made the last two great results even better is we’ve had players missing and the young lads that have come in have done brilliantly.
“We played some really good football against Lakenheath and had they not have been awarded what I feel was a lucky penalty we would have beaten them.
You may also want to watch:
“We have surprised a lot of teams this year but our players haven’t surprised me at all.”
Fifth-placed Chatteris host struggling Somersham Town on Saturday. Kick-off: 12.30pm.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site