Depleted March Town United move Sleaford Town friendly to Tuesday
MARCH Town United have been forced to postpone Saturday’s pre-season friendly with Sleaford Town after they picked up injuries in a 1-0 defeat to Thorney.
The Hares were already looking depleted for the fixture, with absent key players including Stu Anderson, Stu Porter, Tony Brown and Aaron Bailey.
But Adam Sutton (ankle) and Sam Darlow (hamstring) limped off in Tuesday’s match to deepen boss Paul Crosbie’s availability worries. Sean White and Ben Lemmon also look to be struggling for fitness after picking up knocks.
The Sleaford clash has been rearranged for Tuesday at the GER (Kick-off 7.45pm).
The injuries sealed a miserable week for the Hares, who were thumped 8-1 by Wisbech Town in the BKD Cup on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie, who was disappointed with Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat, admitted that he is looking at loaning players in to bolster his squad.
“We were poor,” he said. “I think the lads had the stuffing knocked out of them a bit on Saturday.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 7 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million