Depleted March Town United move Sleaford Town friendly to Tuesday
MARCH Town United have been forced to postpone Saturday’s pre-season friendly with Sleaford Town after they picked up injuries in a 1-0 defeat to Thorney.
The Hares were already looking depleted for the fixture, with absent key players including Stu Anderson, Stu Porter, Tony Brown and Aaron Bailey.
But Adam Sutton (ankle) and Sam Darlow (hamstring) limped off in Tuesday’s match to deepen boss Paul Crosbie’s availability worries. Sean White and Ben Lemmon also look to be struggling for fitness after picking up knocks.
The Sleaford clash has been rearranged for Tuesday at the GER (Kick-off 7.45pm).
The injuries sealed a miserable week for the Hares, who were thumped 8-1 by Wisbech Town in the BKD Cup on Saturday.
Crosbie, who was disappointed with Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat, admitted that he is looking at loaning players in to bolster his squad.
“We were poor,” he said. “I think the lads had the stuffing knocked out of them a bit on Saturday.”
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers