Depleted March Town United move Sleaford Town friendly to Tuesday
MARCH Town United have been forced to postpone Saturday’s pre-season friendly with Sleaford Town after they picked up injuries in a 1-0 defeat to Thorney.
The Hares were already looking depleted for the fixture, with absent key players including Stu Anderson, Stu Porter, Tony Brown and Aaron Bailey.
But Adam Sutton (ankle) and Sam Darlow (hamstring) limped off in Tuesday’s match to deepen boss Paul Crosbie’s availability worries. Sean White and Ben Lemmon also look to be struggling for fitness after picking up knocks.
The Sleaford clash has been rearranged for Tuesday at the GER (Kick-off 7.45pm).
The injuries sealed a miserable week for the Hares, who were thumped 8-1 by Wisbech Town in the BKD Cup on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Crosbie, who was disappointed with Tuesday’s 1-0 defeat, admitted that he is looking at loaning players in to bolster his squad.
“We were poor,” he said. “I think the lads had the stuffing knocked out of them a bit on Saturday.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land