Dick Creasey says Wisbech Town will be up for the task next season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have confirmed that Dick Creasey will be in sole charge of the United Counties League Premier Division club next season.
And, talking to the Wisbech Standard from his holiday, the manager said: “I am really looking forward to it. The lads are really up to the task.
“We will release some new signings in the next couple of weeks. Ten of last season’s squad have re-signed and we just need to add four or five new players which we are well on our way to doing.”
Creasey, who returned to help out player-manager Paul Cousins last season, will be hoping for a better finish than seventh next time around.
Meanwhile, the former boss, Steve Appleby, who left the club in September after three-and-a-half years in the post, has walked away from his new job just five days after accepting it.
You may also want to watch:
Appleby was appointed joint manager of UCL Premier Division side Holbeach United with John Chand but said days later that he had given the position a little more thought and had realised he had made a mistake.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile