Dick Creasey says Wisbech Town will be up for the task next season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have confirmed that Dick Creasey will be in sole charge of the United Counties League Premier Division club next season.
And, talking to the Wisbech Standard from his holiday, the manager said: “I am really looking forward to it. The lads are really up to the task.
“We will release some new signings in the next couple of weeks. Ten of last season’s squad have re-signed and we just need to add four or five new players which we are well on our way to doing.”
Creasey, who returned to help out player-manager Paul Cousins last season, will be hoping for a better finish than seventh next time around.
Meanwhile, the former boss, Steve Appleby, who left the club in September after three-and-a-half years in the post, has walked away from his new job just five days after accepting it.
Appleby was appointed joint manager of UCL Premier Division side Holbeach United with John Chand but said days later that he had given the position a little more thought and had realised he had made a mistake.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge