Dick Creasey says Wisbech Town will be up for the task next season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have confirmed that Dick Creasey will be in sole charge of the United Counties League Premier Division club next season.
And, talking to the Wisbech Standard from his holiday, the manager said: “I am really looking forward to it. The lads are really up to the task.
“We will release some new signings in the next couple of weeks. Ten of last season’s squad have re-signed and we just need to add four or five new players which we are well on our way to doing.”
Creasey, who returned to help out player-manager Paul Cousins last season, will be hoping for a better finish than seventh next time around.
Meanwhile, the former boss, Steve Appleby, who left the club in September after three-and-a-half years in the post, has walked away from his new job just five days after accepting it.
You may also want to watch:
Appleby was appointed joint manager of UCL Premier Division side Holbeach United with John Chand but said days later that he had given the position a little more thought and had realised he had made a mistake.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers