Do you and your colleagues fancy playing at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium?
- Credit: Archant
A local company is inviting budding footballers to go head-to-head at its annual tournament.
Mick George Ltd is bringing back the Mick George Cup for a second year, and is inviting the county’s best six-a-side teams to do battle on May 5 this year.
The event, which will be hosted by Cambridge United at its Cambs Glass Stadium, is open to companies from across Cambridgeshire who wish to de-throne last year’s champions, Mick George.
Squads, which must have up to eight players, cost £300 and must be registered under a business name.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George, said: “Last year’s event was a brilliant occasion. It is a rare opportunity for most to get out and play under the lights, of a professional football stadium.
You may also want to watch:
“You could tell that some were caught up in the excitement, and perhaps didn’t fulfil their full potential, so to speak.”
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01223 632125.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal