Do you and your colleagues fancy playing at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium?
- Credit: Archant
A local company is inviting budding footballers to go head-to-head at its annual tournament.
Mick George Ltd is bringing back the Mick George Cup for a second year, and is inviting the county’s best six-a-side teams to do battle on May 5 this year.
The event, which will be hosted by Cambridge United at its Cambs Glass Stadium, is open to companies from across Cambridgeshire who wish to de-throne last year’s champions, Mick George.
Squads, which must have up to eight players, cost £300 and must be registered under a business name.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George, said: “Last year’s event was a brilliant occasion. It is a rare opportunity for most to get out and play under the lights, of a professional football stadium.
You may also want to watch:
“You could tell that some were caught up in the excitement, and perhaps didn’t fulfil their full potential, so to speak.”
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01223 632125.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community