Do you and your colleagues fancy playing at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium?
- Credit: Archant
A local company is inviting budding footballers to go head-to-head at its annual tournament.
Mick George Ltd is bringing back the Mick George Cup for a second year, and is inviting the county’s best six-a-side teams to do battle on May 5 this year.
The event, which will be hosted by Cambridge United at its Cambs Glass Stadium, is open to companies from across Cambridgeshire who wish to de-throne last year’s champions, Mick George.
Squads, which must have up to eight players, cost £300 and must be registered under a business name.
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George, said: “Last year’s event was a brilliant occasion. It is a rare opportunity for most to get out and play under the lights, of a professional football stadium.
You may also want to watch:
“You could tell that some were caught up in the excitement, and perhaps didn’t fulfil their full potential, so to speak.”
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01223 632125.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 8 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 9 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell