Doddington and Manea to contest North Cambs Junior Cup after semi-final showdown
DODDINGTON United and Manea United will contest this year’s North Cambs Junior Cup final after overcoming their semi-final opponents, Guyhirn and Whittlesey Blue Star.
Michael Anderton gave Doddington an early lead on Saturday after good work from midfielder James Harness allowed him the simplest of finishes.
The home side had chances to add to their lead and they were made to pay shortly after the break as Guyhirn capitalised on some poor marking to equalise.
But, with just 20 minutes to go, Gary Smith scored the winner to put Doddington one game away from the trophy.
• MANEA United have hat-trick hero Chris Hutchinson to thank for their semi-final victory.
You may also want to watch:
His goals helped them on their way to a 4-3 win over last year’s champions Whittlesey Blue Star, with Daniel Waite also on target.
The BIS 2B league rivals will contest the final on April 11.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies