Doddington and Manea to contest North Cambs Junior Cup after semi-final showdown
DODDINGTON United and Manea United will contest this year’s North Cambs Junior Cup final after overcoming their semi-final opponents, Guyhirn and Whittlesey Blue Star.
Michael Anderton gave Doddington an early lead on Saturday after good work from midfielder James Harness allowed him the simplest of finishes.
The home side had chances to add to their lead and they were made to pay shortly after the break as Guyhirn capitalised on some poor marking to equalise.
But, with just 20 minutes to go, Gary Smith scored the winner to put Doddington one game away from the trophy.
• MANEA United have hat-trick hero Chris Hutchinson to thank for their semi-final victory.
You may also want to watch:
His goals helped them on their way to a 4-3 win over last year’s champions Whittlesey Blue Star, with Daniel Waite also on target.
The BIS 2B league rivals will contest the final on April 11.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal