Doddington and Manea to contest North Cambs Junior Cup after semi-final showdown
DODDINGTON United and Manea United will contest this year’s North Cambs Junior Cup final after overcoming their semi-final opponents, Guyhirn and Whittlesey Blue Star.
Michael Anderton gave Doddington an early lead on Saturday after good work from midfielder James Harness allowed him the simplest of finishes.
The home side had chances to add to their lead and they were made to pay shortly after the break as Guyhirn capitalised on some poor marking to equalise.
But, with just 20 minutes to go, Gary Smith scored the winner to put Doddington one game away from the trophy.
• MANEA United have hat-trick hero Chris Hutchinson to thank for their semi-final victory.
You may also want to watch:
His goals helped them on their way to a 4-3 win over last year’s champions Whittlesey Blue Star, with Daniel Waite also on target.
The BIS 2B league rivals will contest the final on April 11.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell