Doddy II taste win feeling yet again
DODDINGTON II continued their fine run of form in CCA Junior Division 3NA with a five-wicket home win against Somersham II. Doddington dismissed Somersham for 137 in 38.3 overs. Scott Bamford was the leading wicket taker, picking up 4-8 from five overs.
DODDINGTON II continued their fine run of form in CCA Junior Division 3NA with a five-wicket home win against Somersham II.
Doddington dismissed Somersham for 137 in 38.3 overs. Scott Bamford was the leading wicket taker, picking up 4-8 from five overs. He was ably supported by Jamie Long (2-21-8), Jake Wenman (2-50-9.3) and Bob Burgess (1-25-10). Bevans top scored for Somersham with 40.
Openers Martyn Bentley and Rob Moden set Doddington well on the way to reaching their target with Bentley making 48 and Moden 26. Captain Kevin Smith and Wenman finished the game off with 16 not out and 12 not out respectively, as Doddington reached their target of 138 with five wickets and 10 overs to spare, keeping them joint top of the table.
Doddington I's 100 per cent run ended with a heavy nine wicket defeat away to Babraham in CCA Senior Division Two. Batting first, Doddington's higher order batsmen made virtually no impression on the scorecard, with Neil Liversedge's 32, Ivan Burgess' 26 and Adam Costall's 15 helping claw the away team to 109 all out. Woodgate took five wickets and Balakirishnan three for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Babraham reached 110 with relative ease, losing only one wicket. Mathew Bamford was Doddington's only testing bowler, gaining solid figures of 1-13 from 7.3 overs.
Saturday sees Doddington I is at home to Balsham, while the second team visit Pymoor. On Sunday, the club host Parson Drove in a friendly fixture.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s