There was a convincing win for Cricket B in the March and District League s Elsie German Cup semi-final. Dave Holland and Barry Short won three games as the home side beat Buffs B 7-2. In the Harold Smith Pairs, Braza s Mick and Peggy Munden did well to b
There was a convincing win for Cricket B in the March and District League's Elsie German Cup semi-final.
Dave Holland and Barry Short won three games as the home side beat Buffs B 7-2.
In the Harold Smith Pairs, Braza's Mick and Peggy Munden did well to beat the Chatteris pairing of R and M Wayman 4-3.
The second Braza pair of B Follen and T Pashier were swept away 4-1 by Cricket B's C Scotcher and D Smith.
Things are tight at the top of Section A. CWMC have a good chance of winning the title after a convincing 8-1 win over Cons B.
Alf Edgley and Michael Wayman, together with Michael G Wayman and 'Spot' Wayman were undefeated.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Three games were won by A Crain and S German as Legion B beat visitors USC 6-3, and there were three wins for Dennis Parrish and Dick Saberton as Buffs A beat MTFSC 7-2.
In Section B, Carolyn Ryan and Robert Jolly won three games for Cricket A but their team lost 6-3 to Walk the Dog.
Cons C took advantage to move into second place in a three-horse race for the title.