There was a convincing win for Cricket B in the March and District League s Elsie German Cup semi-final. Dave Holland and Barry Short won three games as the home side beat Buffs B 7-2. In the Harold Smith Pairs, Braza s Mick and Peggy Munden did well to b
There was a convincing win for Cricket B in the March and District League's Elsie German Cup semi-final.
Dave Holland and Barry Short won three games as the home side beat Buffs B 7-2.
In the Harold Smith Pairs, Braza's Mick and Peggy Munden did well to beat the Chatteris pairing of R and M Wayman 4-3.
The second Braza pair of B Follen and T Pashier were swept away 4-1 by Cricket B's C Scotcher and D Smith.
You may also want to watch:
Things are tight at the top of Section A. CWMC have a good chance of winning the title after a convincing 8-1 win over Cons B.
Alf Edgley and Michael Wayman, together with Michael G Wayman and 'Spot' Wayman were undefeated.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Three games were won by A Crain and S German as Legion B beat visitors USC 6-3, and there were three wins for Dennis Parrish and Dick Saberton as Buffs A beat MTFSC 7-2.
In Section B, Carolyn Ryan and Robert Jolly won three games for Cricket A but their team lost 6-3 to Walk the Dog.
Cons C took advantage to move into second place in a three-horse race for the title.