Dominoes: Hayes and Lawson go down at Chatteris despite good show
Buffs B pair of Jimmy Hayes and Peter Lawson won their three games in Section One of the March and District Dominoes League away to CWMC but found themselves on the losing side as the Chatteris side won 6-3. David Gayford and K Evans won three games for M
Buffs B pair of Jimmy Hayes and Peter Lawson won their three games in Section One of the March and District Dominoes League away to CWMC but found themselves on the losing side as the Chatteris side won 6-3.
David Gayford and K Evans won three games for MTFSC at home to Hammer A in the top of the table clash. The footballers won by 5-4 but Hammer cling on to top spot by just four games.
Two teams took a 3-0 advantage. Buffs A clung on to their lead to beat hosts Conservatives B by 5-4 but Hammer B squandered their lead at home to bottom team Parkfield and lost by 6-3.
Buffs C had a 7-2 romp in Section Two the following week at home to GER A. This time Jean Josey/Ann Swan and Russell Josey/Ted Manchet were undefeated.
Ship had only four players away to top team USC and conceded three games before losing all the rest to lose 9-0.
Legion pair of Ann and Ivan Coomber won three games to help defeat bottom team Conservatives C by 6-3.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
Braza pair of B Follen/EMiller won their three games as the home side beat visitors Cricket Club by 6-3.
Coachmakers pair of Norman Hart/Tony Gregory won three as they defeated visitors GER B by 6-3
In the previous week's matches, Section One's Hammer A were 2-1 down at home to Conservatives B but thanks to three wins by Gordon Tyres/Neville Patrick, they pulled the game around to win 5-4.
Buffs A started 3-0 up at home to Hammer B but the visitors hit back to lead the match at three each although Buffs eventually won 5-4.
Walk the Dog took a 2-1 advantage away to Buffs B but the home side came back to dominate the rest of the match to win by 6-3.
In Section Two the GER A pair of Betty Fox and Tom McNamara won their three games at home to Braza.
Buffs C put Ship to the sword by 8-1. Both Buffs pairs of George Hayes/Russell Josey and Joe Swan/Jean Josey won three games without losing a leg.
A much delayed clash in the Elsie German Cup between Conservatives B and Buffs B was a triumph for the home team. With the score at 5-1 the visitors conceded the match without further play.
All players are reminded of the Pairs Drive for the Herbert Harvey Cup at the Conservative Club on February 1 with play starting at 8pm.
Hammer A were 2-1 down at home to Conservatives B in Section one of the March and District League