Eight-goal thriller gives 10-man Chatteris Town their first point of the season
CHATTERIS Town bagged their first point of the season with a pulsating 4-4 draw with Brampton on Tuesday night.
The Lilies recovered from having Simon Howard sent off to take a share of the spoils at West Street.
Goals from Richie Allen, Alex Ashley and Dean Joyce, as well as an own goal, gave new joint managers Leigh Matthews and Steve Bright their first point in charge.
Chatteris have been rocked by the departures of several key faces, including manager Ossie Mintus, but they have shown some encouraging signs in their first three games.
They put in an impressive display in a 3-2 loss against last year’s champions Linton Granta before falling to a 5-2 defeat against league leaders Great Shelford.
You may also want to watch:
The Lilies, who sit 15th in the Kershaw Premier League, host Cottenham United on Saturday.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile