Eight-goal thriller gives 10-man Chatteris Town their first point of the season
CHATTERIS Town bagged their first point of the season with a pulsating 4-4 draw with Brampton on Tuesday night.
The Lilies recovered from having Simon Howard sent off to take a share of the spoils at West Street.
Goals from Richie Allen, Alex Ashley and Dean Joyce, as well as an own goal, gave new joint managers Leigh Matthews and Steve Bright their first point in charge.
Chatteris have been rocked by the departures of several key faces, including manager Ossie Mintus, but they have shown some encouraging signs in their first three games.
They put in an impressive display in a 3-2 loss against last year’s champions Linton Granta before falling to a 5-2 defeat against league leaders Great Shelford.
You may also want to watch:
The Lilies, who sit 15th in the Kershaw Premier League, host Cottenham United on Saturday.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 9 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 10 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'