Eight-goal thriller gives 10-man Chatteris Town their first point of the season
CHATTERIS Town bagged their first point of the season with a pulsating 4-4 draw with Brampton on Tuesday night.
The Lilies recovered from having Simon Howard sent off to take a share of the spoils at West Street.
Goals from Richie Allen, Alex Ashley and Dean Joyce, as well as an own goal, gave new joint managers Leigh Matthews and Steve Bright their first point in charge.
Chatteris have been rocked by the departures of several key faces, including manager Ossie Mintus, but they have shown some encouraging signs in their first three games.
They put in an impressive display in a 3-2 loss against last year’s champions Linton Granta before falling to a 5-2 defeat against league leaders Great Shelford.
The Lilies, who sit 15th in the Kershaw Premier League, host Cottenham United on Saturday.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing