Eight-goal thriller gives 10-man Chatteris Town their first point of the season
CHATTERIS Town bagged their first point of the season with a pulsating 4-4 draw with Brampton on Tuesday night.
The Lilies recovered from having Simon Howard sent off to take a share of the spoils at West Street.
Goals from Richie Allen, Alex Ashley and Dean Joyce, as well as an own goal, gave new joint managers Leigh Matthews and Steve Bright their first point in charge.
Chatteris have been rocked by the departures of several key faces, including manager Ossie Mintus, but they have shown some encouraging signs in their first three games.
They put in an impressive display in a 3-2 loss against last year’s champions Linton Granta before falling to a 5-2 defeat against league leaders Great Shelford.
You may also want to watch:
The Lilies, who sit 15th in the Kershaw Premier League, host Cottenham United on Saturday.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle