Ely Tigers ‘show a lot of heart - well done’ but still take a blow as they lose to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
“The boys played well Boy’s played well in terrible conditions in a backs to the wall game - they, showed a lot of heart; well done” was how one fan summered up Ely Tigers match against Stowmarket.
However Ely’s target of second place took a blow after the loss away to Stowmarket.
Missing several players from the week before, the Tigers took a few minutes to get into the match.
They were caught napping when Stowmarket forced their way over the line in the first few minutes. Ely then started to settle into the game. A good flow of play forced Stowmarket to concede a penalty for offside.
The Tigers opted for touch and won the line-out. The ball was shipped wide to man of the match Tom Green who showed great pace to dart around his opposite number, he touched down in the corner and Matt McCarthy was on point to add the extras.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Ely lost the wind advantage and weather worsened. Stowmarket sealed the victory adding four more tries to their tally to bring the score to 29-7.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream