Ely Tigers ‘show a lot of heart - well done’ but still take a blow as they lose to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
“The boys played well Boy’s played well in terrible conditions in a backs to the wall game - they, showed a lot of heart; well done” was how one fan summered up Ely Tigers match against Stowmarket.
However Ely’s target of second place took a blow after the loss away to Stowmarket.
Missing several players from the week before, the Tigers took a few minutes to get into the match.
They were caught napping when Stowmarket forced their way over the line in the first few minutes. Ely then started to settle into the game. A good flow of play forced Stowmarket to concede a penalty for offside.
The Tigers opted for touch and won the line-out. The ball was shipped wide to man of the match Tom Green who showed great pace to dart around his opposite number, he touched down in the corner and Matt McCarthy was on point to add the extras.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Ely lost the wind advantage and weather worsened. Stowmarket sealed the victory adding four more tries to their tally to bring the score to 29-7.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed