Ely Tigers ‘show a lot of heart - well done’ but still take a blow as they lose to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
“The boys played well Boy’s played well in terrible conditions in a backs to the wall game - they, showed a lot of heart; well done” was how one fan summered up Ely Tigers match against Stowmarket.
However Ely’s target of second place took a blow after the loss away to Stowmarket.
Missing several players from the week before, the Tigers took a few minutes to get into the match.
They were caught napping when Stowmarket forced their way over the line in the first few minutes. Ely then started to settle into the game. A good flow of play forced Stowmarket to concede a penalty for offside.
The Tigers opted for touch and won the line-out. The ball was shipped wide to man of the match Tom Green who showed great pace to dart around his opposite number, he touched down in the corner and Matt McCarthy was on point to add the extras.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Ely lost the wind advantage and weather worsened. Stowmarket sealed the victory adding four more tries to their tally to bring the score to 29-7.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response